Annoying push and notification issues

turboxtofu44

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got a Droid X yesterday (coming from a blackberry).

The only issues I'm having so far are with email.

1) Gmail isn't pushing as quickly to my phone as other people w/ the Samsung Vibrant or Droid X also. The issue is that sometimes it will be on my phone and sometimes not.. but no matter what, the actual notification of there being an email doesn't happen until at LEAST a few minutes after the email is in my inbox already.

2) Basically the same thing is happening w/ an .edu email address that I added. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. The notification issue here is that it doesn't notify at all.

However... if I go into the menu settings and turn notifications off and then back on, all the notifications will pop up at once -.- I have data syncing on.

3) Oh and just another question, is there any way to put my gmail account into the Messaging application/widget so that all my emails and stuff show up in one single place?

Thanks ahead of time!

EDIT: I think I'm also having an ass load of 3G connectivity issues. There's been some reports of Verizon's network crapping out and some people w/ Droid X's getting screwed.

Last edited:

wlfpckgrl1

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. I was having the same problem and feel a little silly that I did not see this option earlier! Or maybe you already tried this. But on my phone, this was unchecked. I dont know yet though if it actually fixes the issue......we will see.

Home--->Settings--->Data Manager--->Data Delivery--->Email and Corporate Sync--->Email Delivery--->Make sure "Data Push" is checked.

Hope this helps

en0kid

Reaction score
my Email and Corporate Sync is greyed out :icon_eek: