Annoying line

dave500

Reaction score
I am a first time user of a "Smartphone" and I am also enjoying my new one week old Droid X. Lots to learn for sure. Today I noticed a line on the screen that runs from the top straight down and seems to dissapear about 2/3 of the way down the screen. It is always there and is most noticable with a light background. No question that this is not supposed to be there. Should I call Verizon and with my concern, or am I being overly fussy? Thanks for your opinion.
Dave

rlfitz

Reaction score
sounds like a crack starting to form. could that be what it is?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would definitely call VZW. This is not an issue of being picky, its a defect. You didn't drop it or anything did you?

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

arabstar1982

Reaction score
definitely call verizon. Get a new phone, could be bad pixels or a crack... either way its not supposed to be there and being only a week old, you shouldnt have to live with a defective phone for as much we pay for this phone. Don't wait any longer, get it taken care of

Reaction score
Is it a surface scratch?

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

OP
D

dave500

Reaction score
I removed the display protector and discovered that the defect is under the display glass. The line is visible even with the phone turned off. Going to store tomorrow, hopefully there will not be a fuss from Verizon.
Sure do like the phone though.

OP
D

dave500

Reaction score
Verizon replaced the phone yesterday with absolutely no questions. They were very good about it. Not a lot of fun going through all the settings that I spent days figuring out the first time around. Happy now.