1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Annoying issues after OTA update...

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Turbo7MN, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Turbo7MN

Turbo7MN New Member

I installed the OTA update this morning and have since noticed a couple issues.

First, it seems like SetCPU randomly gets denied SU permission and I have to reopen the program to get my profiles working correctly again. When I reopen it, it tells me SetCPU has been granted superuser permissions. Come to think of it, I think this may have been an issue since I went from 4.6 to 4.7, though I think I only had to do it once.

Second, and most annoying, happens when I have the phone plugged into a PC. It pops up the "USB connected" screen whenever the phone is rotated or the keyboard is opened. This is very annoying for text messaging as when I rotate the phone to type a message, or open the keyboard, it jumps to that screen. I have always kept my phone plugged into my computer at work to charge it, but this makes it too annoying to keep the phone plugged in, and I don't believe this started until after the update.
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

With some patches, it will reset SU permissions - this can be dependent on what is being patched. In this case, it was a major system component - so that can be expected. Should only ask you once again though.

I have only heard of one other person having this issue - I have no such issues. Did you install right over 4.6 without a wipe? The only thing I can suggest is backup and wipe ...
  3. Turbo7MN

Turbo7MN New Member

Seems like setcpu has been working better since I rebooted the phone again.

I will probably just resort to wiping, as I did indeed install over 4.6. No worries, I'll give it a go when I get home from work and let you know if it's resolved.

Thanks!
  4. Turbo7MN

Turbo7MN New Member

I tried reinstalling but apparently my .zip got corrupted somewhere along the line so it didn't install.

What I noticed was when it rebooted it had already wiped the data, and the phone was now working fine. I used rstapps to do a complete restore and found that the problem returned. So I wiped it again and just restored the apps and it remained working properly; I just set up my accounts and homescreen again and dealt with losing my texts.

Long story short, it looks like something that was corrupt with my profile data or something along those lines that was the root cause. No worries now. Thanks!

-Darren