Annoying google voice problem...help!

jrl9851

Reaction score
So today I got a voicemail notification...no one called, it just popped up in my notification bar. It wasn't the typical google voice notification where it told me to check my inbox...it was the one where I had to dial the google number and enter my 4 digit pin. Well, I did that, and it said I had no new messages. Now I can't get this damn notification to go away. I did a battery pull and everything. What the hell???

les017

Reaction score
I got mine about 8 days ago. I still have that notification and I have made sure everything is cleared via phone and via GV web. At this point I'd miss that little symbol in the notification bar.....

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I wouldn't miss it at all. This is REALLY starting to piss me off. I even deleted google voice and it's still there.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Call your verizon number and clear all messages... this happened to me once too... the notification is from verizon and not google voice. Someone happened to get into your verizon voice mail and left a message.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Call your verizon number and clear all messages... this happened to me once too... the notification is from verizon and not google voice. Someone happened to get into your verizon voice mail and left a message.

That was it, thanks. So how exactly do they get into my verizon voicemail?

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Another thing...is there a way to make it ring less? When I call my cell number, it rings FOREVER, like there is no voicemail. Is there a way to make it to when someone calls me they can get to my voicemail faster?

R1Lover

Reaction score
dial you cell number from your cell phone. if that doesn't work then turn off goole voice then call again.

les017

Reaction score
Oh for crap sakes!!! That was it here too. All I can figure is that the VZ VM picked up before the GVM. This has happened a couple of times where my forwarded work phone picked up at virtually the same time and I got VM both at work and on Google.

Thanks for the tip!!