Annoying feature...

cesar357

Reaction score
Ok. Just got my new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The phone is actually...fantastic. one problem. SMH! I can't get rid of those annoying text message pop ups in the middle of the screen. I used Message+ and the Samsung Text app, both have that issue. I've gone into the settings and turned off notifications, and still...won't work. I don't like that pop up coming up. Anyone knows how to really get rid of this pop up message that comes out right in the middle of the screen?

Thanks.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
You should be able to turn off pop ups in either app. It may be in an advanced setting somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I got this from a search on S6

On the new Samsung Galaxy S6, the following function is automatically activated in the messages app: "Pop-Up Display" This function shows you each new SMS that you receive on your Samsung Galaxy S6 in a separate pop-up window when an app is open. This function is designed to help you to read the first few lines of text. Would you like to disable this feature on your Samsung Galaxy S6 and receiving no pop-up alerts for new SMS anymore, then proceed as follows: Open on your Samsung Galaxy S6 from the home screen the menu and then the settings. In the settings scroll all the way down to the section "Applications" and tap on "Messages". You will now find in the next submenu the menu item "Notifications". Select it and you will be forwarded deeper in a submenu. In this you can see the "pop-up display" feature. Erase here the hook in the checkbox to turn off the pop-up notification when a new SMS message comes in. Have you removed the hook and you receive a new message on your Samsung Galaxy S6 now, then it will not be displayed as a pop-up.

6s Plus

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Building on what @bkdodger says - for the S7 Edge, it is in system settings, applications, under application settings click on "messages" and then "notifications" and turn off pop-up display...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Always got my back ...and how ya liking the phone?

6s Plus

Just got it today after telling myself I didn't need it ...very solid device and love the added edge functionality...I haven't used it on active service, that'll be a day or two after I get it all set up.

~sent while mobile~

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Just got it today after telling myself I didn't need it ...very solid device and love the added edge functionality...I haven't used it on active service, that'll be a day or two after I get it all set up.

~sent while mobile~

Nice ! I'm looking forward to your review ...good they added some functions much needed for that edge ...

6s Plus

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I got this from a search on S6

On the new Samsung Galaxy S6, the following function is automatically activated in the messages app: "Pop-Up Display" This function shows you each new SMS that you receive on your Samsung Galaxy S6 in a separate pop-up window when an app is open. This function is designed to help you to read the first few lines of text. Would you like to disable this feature on your Samsung Galaxy S6 and receiving no pop-up alerts for new SMS anymore, then proceed as follows: Open on your Samsung Galaxy S6 from the home screen the menu and then the settings. In the settings scroll all the way down to the section "Applications" and tap on "Messages". You will now find in the next submenu the menu item "Notifications". Select it and you will be forwarded deeper in a submenu. In this you can see the "pop-up display" feature. Erase here the hook in the checkbox to turn off the pop-up notification when a new SMS message comes in. Have you removed the hook and you receive a new message on your Samsung Galaxy S6 now, then it will not be displayed as a pop-up.

6s Plus
WTF!? WHYYYYY!? That's such an Apple thing to do, to bury a setting like that. Put those settings into the app's settings menu like a proper android developer!!!!:eek::mad::confused:o_O