Annoying Camera Issue

mynameisjohn

Reaction score
So at random times, usually after the phone has been on for a few hours the Camera on my Eris stops working. In order to make it work again I have to reboot, which is annoying especially since it always happens when I really want to take a picture or video. I'll open the camera app and the screen will just turn black...I can't open any menus or do anything to attempt to take a picture. I thought maybe if I got an app killer it would fix the problem...but after killing the app it still doesn't work. I will open the camera app and the little camera image will flash for a brief second and then the application crashes. This is a replacement phone that I got because my last Eris has the exact same issue among others so I'm wondering if this is a known is or if anyone has ideas on what could be causing this?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So at random times, usually after the phone has been on for a few hours the Camera on my Eris stops working. In order to make it work again I have to reboot, which is annoying especially since it always happens when I really want to take a picture or video. I'll open the camera app and the screen will just turn black...I can't open any menus or do anything to attempt to take a picture. I thought maybe if I got an app killer it would fix the problem...but after killing the app it still doesn't work. I will open the camera app and the little camera image will flash for a brief second and then the application crashes. This is a replacement phone that I got because my last Eris has the exact same issue among others so I'm wondering if this is a known is or if anyone has ideas on what could be causing this?

Hardware issue, maybe. Call Verizon or visit a store.