Annoying but not problematic when texting

EJT501

Reaction score
after I've finished a text and go back to the list on conversations, the new message box is highlighted orange then i go to the home menu and a random shortcut key is now high lighted in orange. when i tap the screen anywhere it stops/ it doesn't effect the phone, it just annoys me

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Yeah, this happens to me sometimes too. Just a bug is all, and I agree, its mildly annoying...especially with my ocd nature, i cant stand things that are unusual or out of place.

OP
E

EJT501

Reaction score
Yarp. Its really gettin on my nerves but if there's nothin then damn.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Its very uncommon for it to happen on my phone, but it does. When it gets frequent, I just reboot the phone, and it doesn't come back for a while.

Merritt

Reaction score
Happens to me a lot too, it's usually the wi-fi in my power control widget that's highlighted, but it doesn't turn on or anything. If I touch an empty space on the phone it goes away, but I agree even if it's not hurting anything it does get kinda annoying.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Its usually the dialer in my hotkeys buy the launcher (using helix1)...come to think of it, ever since I changed my theme, it hasn't happened to me. What are you guys running on your phones? Maybe this is something thats rom/kernel/theme scentric?

Merritt

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on a stock non-rooted Droid, 2.1 with no themes or anything.

Merritt

Reaction score
As ocd as I am with this phone, that can't be it. I wipe the screen atleast once a day with a cleaning cloth and it's always the same button.

OP
E

EJT501

Reaction score
Do u have a screen protector or a rubber case on urs?

Reaction score
If you slide out the keyboard at the home screen and press any direction on the d pad, you'll see that this is a selection cursor for selecting apps or widgets with only the keyboard. Probably a holdover from devices with a trackball. I've noticed that it only happens when texting with the hard keyboard, then going home and closing the KB in rapid succession.

I couldn't tell you how to fix it other than to text using the soft keyboard only...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Haha I'm the same way. Scratch that idea too, guess its just a bug, good thing its minor