Annoyed at how Gingerbread turns off LED notifications when the screen is turned on?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hyperdude, Mar 21, 2011.

1. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you're like me (an amateur Android builder with good programming experience) or even a more experienced developer, you may find this trick handy.

I've been using Pete's stock Gingerbread ROMs for weeks now, and the only thing I don't like about Gingerbread is the fact that it disabled LED pulsing when the screen has been turned on (meaning LEDs don't blink again when the screen is off). Since I decided I'm going to try my hand at compiling a ROM for my Droid, I felt the need to find a way to switch that off.

Lo and behold, I found it. Line 1088 in frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.java
    Code:
            // clear pending pulse notification if screen is on
            if (mScreenOn || mLedNotification == null) {
                mPendingPulseNotification = false;
            }
    I assume that if I take out the "mScreenOn || ", it will, of course, no longer clear the LED notifications when the screen is turned on. I'll be working on the rest of my minor edits over the next day or two and I'll report back if this fixes it. dancedroid

2. NebraskaX24

NebraskaX24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PLEASE let this be incorporated in further gingerbread builds.

I've gotten used to having handcent not turn the screen on, but it's much quicker to be able to just glance at my phone whenever I get a text.

3. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly, right?

Unfortunately my computer is deciding to be a b*tch about my build project. Probably gonna just uninstall Eclipse and wipe the directory and try it all over again. But yeah, I also hope it gets incorporated into future GB builds. I know this feature is meant to save battery and whatnot, but it's annoying.

4. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    check cm's source..
    led blinks until my sms notification is cleared or i read the message, even after screen on and off.

Search tags for this page
code android pulse led notification while the screen is off

how to turn off notifications on android gingerbread

led for android gingerbread

led notification for android gingerbread
samsung gingerbread turn on notification led
turn off led notification gingerbread