Announcing our new sister site - Microsoft Surface Forum!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Y3jse.png

Calling all members,

On the evening of June 18th 2012, Microsoft announced a new product to the world. It is called the Microsoft Surface. It is a self branded tablet running Windows 8/RT. The chassis is made of a magnesium alloy and has a multi-color attachable keyboard, and a built in kickstand. Granted this isn't an Android device, but here at Forum Foundry, we think its going to make a splash in the technology and consumer section, so we've taken the liberty of creating a forum specific to the Surface!

If you are at all interested in this device, or have been waiting and watching for it the whole time, we would love to have you at our newest forum www.surfaceforums.net!

Thanks for reading, and we hope to see you there!

DF Staff

P.S. It seems the mobile site isn't loading properly. If you request the full site, or change your browser to "desktop" it should work - guidot

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Kewl, magnesium alloy... should be a looker huh?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm getting a blank white screen. No images, no nothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
I'm getting a blank white screen. No images, no nothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm getting this as well.

Looking at it from my phone though not a top desk or lap.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me too ..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Wasn't Microsoft Surface this big like coffee table touch screen project MS has been working on for a while? Like they had 'em at AT&T stores or something.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wasn't Microsoft Surface this big like coffee table touch screen project MS has been working on for a while? Like they had 'em at AT&T stores or something.

Yea...I remember that.. Microsoft doesn't get alot of credit for Surface and the technology involved with it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'd love to know the cost of that thing. It can't be cheap by any means. If it is a competitive price against the iPad and high end Android devices, it will be a hit.

King_Bean

Reaction score
The surface is exactly what I've been waiting for. A tablet with a physical keyboard...perfect!

King_Bean

Reaction score
It's about time someone invents a laptop.

I like the super thin form factor of the Surface. Plus, you can fold the keyboard out of the way, which can't be done with a laptop.

I already have a notebook, but I want something thinner and ligher than what I have because my business has taken off and my notebook is constantly with me. I'll end up getting a Surface or a really thin notebook (like a MacBook Air). Either would work for my business needs.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
johnomaz said:
I'd love to know the cost of that thing. It can't be cheap by any means. If it is a competitive price against the iPad and high end Android devices, it will be a hit.

I've been looking around a lot on the internet and many people are thinking the pricing will be about the same as the highest end tablet with the premium version being as much as an ultrabook. I personally think this will be over 800 dollars

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not interested.
I have a Macbook Air, iPad for magazine reading, Razr Maxx.

I saw a quite somewhere else "Welcome to the party Microsoft, the beer is gone."

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe this'll convince me not to get the new macbook before college starts. Looks awesome.