Announcement: VERY IMPORTANT!

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very good policy, I think its important to discuss the 3 G's but this is not the place.

right. i am a very opinionated person, so this is a tough policy for me to follow.. but it's the only way to keep this place sane.

thanks again everybody for being understanding. :icon_ banana:

Yno

Reaction score
The camping forum I have been on for years had to institute the no political talk rule after the 2004 election. What a huge fight that started. Normally sane people went nuts when others didn't agree with them, people were flaming, people were quitting - it was a bad scene. took a long time for things to calm down. And this was on a forum dedicated to a relaxing hobby.

cuskit

Reaction score
As a Moderator on another site BBQ Source Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board) I can completely agree with this policy. We do allow political discussions on our site, but I can vouch for some very inflammatory posts getting out of hand! That being said, we are a much smaller (relative to the membership here) and close knit group there, and to date we seem to be able to resolve most of the issues before the hatchets come out! ;)

Knowing the size of this forum (volume of membership) I think I would totally agree with your 86 on political discussions. Here I'd prefer to not see All Hell break loose as is the potential given this subject matter. Yep! A nod of my head to this decision! :) cuskit

khelek

Reaction score
That seems like a reasonable rule. Are we free to discuss how the Colts are gonna crush the Saints in two weeks?

I thought religious discussions weren't allowed ;)

For the record, I think a couple of Droids would make awesome teleprompters! :motdroidhoriz:

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bump so everybody sees this.

m21knight

Reaction score
I find it quite ammusing that cant manage to debate politics polite-like...Great policy!

Laurence5905

Reaction score
The team here at DroidForums would like to take this opportunity, given that the State of the Union address is Wednesday, to remind everyone that we have a VERY strict policy on discussion of ALL things religiously or politically charged. It is not tolerated on this forum because it creates too much trouble among members. People get upset, start fights, etc.. It's just not pretty. For the sake of KEEPING this a friendly environment, as you ladies and gents have done so well, all discussion/comments/etc about religion or politics (even in the Off Topic forum) will be immediately deleted and repeat offenders will be temporarily banned. This is just to keep the peace.

If you see any type of this discussion, please report it immediately. If there are any questions, please PM a mod or admin. Thank you for your understanding.

~On behalf of the DroidForums Team

I find that to be a totally acceptable and necessary policy. I know, from experience, how off-topic political and religious posts can totally get out of hand. It detracts from the purpose of the forum -- unless the purpose of the forum is politics and/or religion, of course.

But this forum is for us to learn and to teach others about these awesome phones specifically, and the Android OS in general -- keeping the forums on-topic is a great idea.

It's unfortunate, but there are sensitive topics that really will inflame some people (I freely admit to being one of those who can become inflamed under the right circumstances). Having a clearly-stated policy about topics of this nature is a very good idea.

Thanks for posting this, and making the policy clear to everyone.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Soooooo ...

Do ya think when the Aliens with advanced automatic beam weaponary arrive:

Will they vote Republican or Democrat

Believe in a G-D

Be pro-choice or pro-life?

and most importantly, will they bring 3.0 with them?

:icon_ devil:

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
don't know, but if they bring 3.0, i'll take it ;)

Everlong44

Reaction score
bs

Freedom of speech... what is this a communist run forum? who cares... not worth a sticky in my opinion.