Anniversary gift help please! Looking at Tablets for the wife.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
No Apple, she is the rare, root,ROM, open source lady.

Has the prime had some of the GPS and wifi issues fixed? And is it worth the extra $350 or 400 if I get the prime and keyboard dock over the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
No Apple, she is the rare, root,ROM, open source lady.

Has the prime had some of the GPS and wifi issues fixed? And is it worth the extra $350 or 400 if I get the prime and keyboard dock over the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0

The prime has been redesigned, no GPS/Wifi issues now.

Not sure if the prime is worth the extra cash, that really depends on the individual.

kparks

Reaction score
I still say hands down get the ASUS Eee pad or Prime in my book they are the bast out and pretty good price! LET US KNOW WHAT U END UP BUYING:)

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
The prime has been redesigned, no GPS/Wifi issues now.

Not sure if the prime is worth the extra cash, that really depends on the individual.

Is there model #'s or anything I can use to ensure that I get one of the newer models if I order from Amazon.com? Thanks for the info.

kparks

Reaction score
Is there model #'s or anything I can use to ensure that I get one of the newer models if I order from Amazon.com? Thanks for the info.

I'm unaware of a serious issue any Gps and other issues are usually fixed with a ota update just like phones so what u get should work fine

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
On several reviews when it first came out there were some issues with weak Wifi singal and the Transformer Prime searching for GPS signal. Was just wondering if anyone had these issues or if they've acknowledged them...

Apparently accord to 'prime', they've been fixed.

kparks

Reaction score
On several reviews when it first came out there were some issues with weak Wifi singal and the Transformer Prime searching for GPS signal. Was just wondering if anyone had these issues or if they've acknowledged them...

Apparently accord to 'prime', they've been fixed.

Its been out for a good min though so I highly doubt u will have any problems the Eee pad transformer is also very nice. U can prolly pm prime to find out more on this issue with the "prime" lmao but it's nothing big just sounds like a Gps issue at launch!

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'm unaware of a serious issue any Gps and other issues are usually fixed with a ota update just like phones so what u get should work fine

Actually the aluminum back plate caused radio interference, so much asus actually provided a separate external GPS dongle in lieu of the issue.

I'm not sure of the redesigned model number, it should be the $399 and up prime.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
Got any links to a good dealer for that price? Amazon is like 550 for the tablet, 150 foot keyboard dock.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I love my XOOM wifi, not sure if you can still buy those brand new any more. If I were looking for something a newer I'd probably get the Transformer Prime and the lapdock that goes with it. What I'd love is something like the Samsung Slate PC.. Windows 7 on a tablet! Boyfriend has one, and I'm jealous.
I had an iPad 3 for about a year, but it sat unused for like 40% of the time I had it. I use my XOOM much more.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
Ok so I got on Asus' website and started checking out all of the tablets they have to offer. I'm narrowing down my research and started reading about these. Prime, do you have any comments on the differences in these models? I read a review where the cpu is slower in some etc. and that there is less 'force closes' in some etc.

This will be used, if I'm being honest, for web surfing, facebooking, some gaming. Hardly any work, if at all. I just want to spoil her with the nicest one.

Asus Transformer TF300T
Link to the specs / site: ASUS - Tablet- ASUS ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
$488.88 WITH the dock: http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-TF300T-A1-Tablet-Docking-Station/dp/B007VWUW1W/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1335800880&sr=1-3

A
sus Transformer Prime TF201-B1-GR 32GB
Link to specs / site: http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_Prime_TF201/
$
568.99 WITHOUT Dock- http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_Prime_TF201/
$
135.99 for dock: Amazon.com: Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Mobile Docking - Amethyst Gray (TF201-DOCK-GR): Electronics

Breaking those two down, which would you guys still prefer?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Ok so I got on Asus' website and started checking out all of the tablets they have to offer. I'm narrowing down my research and started reading about these. Prime, do you have any comments on the differences in these models? I read a review where the cpu is slower in some etc. and that there is less 'force closes' in some etc.

This will be used, if I'm being honest, for web surfing, facebooking, some gaming. Hardly any work, if at all. I just want to spoil her with the nicest one.

Asus Transformer TF300T
Link to the specs / site: ASUS - Tablet- ASUS ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
$488.88 WITH the dock: http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-TF300T-A1-Tablet-Docking-Station/dp/B007VWUW1W/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1335800880&sr=1-3

A
sus Transformer Prime TF201-B1-GR 32GB
Link to specs / site: http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_Prime_TF201/
$
568.99 WITHOUT Dock- http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_Prime_TF201/
$
135.99 for dock: Amazon.com: Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Mobile Docking - Amethyst Gray (TF201-DOCK-GR): Electronics

Breaking those two down, which would you guys still prefer?

The TF300 is the redesigned model I spoke of, it is identical to the TF201 without the aluminum back and IPS screen.

kparks

Reaction score
Actually the aluminum back plate caused radio interference, so much asus actually provided a separate external GPS dongle in lieu of the issue.

I'm not sure of the redesigned model number, it should be the $399 and up prime.

Yup just looked it up and seeing the same thing.. About the back material

kparks

Reaction score
The transformer pad 300 looks nice. And a great buy for the money and great reviews on amazon... If u can wait a couple months the transformer infinity 700 is gonna amazing.

tc1

Reaction score
Got a samsung tab 2 7.0 and love it. So much better than my old kindle fire in every way.