Animated Wallpapers without 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by taypotts, Dec 22, 2009.

1. taypotts

taypotts New Member

I just read this on another forum and it makes me think it is possible. Anyone know?
  2. taypotts

taypotts New Member

Directions.

1. Download this zip file, it contains the necessary lib files and the live wallpaper files.
    wallpaper files - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    lib files - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (provided by 2bit)
    2. Unzip these files and place on your SDCARD. (I created 2 folders one named libs and the other app). You need to place the four Live wallpaper files in the app folder and the lib files need to be in the lib folder.

3. Restart your phone in the recover console.
    4. Select mount sub-menu
    5. mount sdcard and system
    Attach phone to the computer and launch the adp shell in the command prompt.
    6. type busybox cp /sdcard/libs/* /system/lib
    7. type busybox cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app
    8. unmount both sdcard and system
    9. restart your phone

this is what they said...
  3. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Not possible. If you try that something might [read: probably will] get messed up. Don't try it. If you want live wallpapers, just get 2.1. If you don't want to get 2.1, don't get live wallpapers. It's as simple as that. [Unless, of course, a home replacement gets released that has support for them. But one probably wont, at least not for a while.]
Search tags for this page

“sdcard/libs” android