Angry Birds Update [30 New Levels]

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Hey everyone, on Twitter, Angry Birds said that there is some sort of mistake about the sms/mms permissions. They will "sort it out Monday."

I'll wait.

DX~rubiX Focused 1.9.7~BJ Ginger~1.45GHz SULV via DF app

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Correction, RovioMobile (to be exact) said that on Twitter.

Sorry about the second post....apparently I don't have permission/privilege to edit anymore through DF app.

DX~rubiX Focused 1.9.7~BJ Ginger~1.45GHz SULV via DF app

selex

Reaction score
The MMS/SMS permission probably has something to do with the Superbowl Ad. So yes by Monday it will no longer be needed. Apparently there is a code which will air during the Angry Birds Rio ad during the Super Bowl. Its probably something you need to text to them or is sent via text so they needed to set up the permissions that way.

And yes the ads are annoying but hopefully with the new Android Market and allowing in game purchases they will finally release a pay version to make up some revenue. The last 15 levels are blocked right now and the Mighty Eagle is missing. The 2nd needs in game purchases and thus they are probably waiting for that to release the last 15 levels.

Speculation right now.

Selex

Reaction score
New levels don't work for me and about half the time when trying to open the app it force closes or it will randomly force close when playing, never did this before the update. If I try to open the new chapters I get instant force close.

Droid2 running apex.

kauthor47

Reaction score
The SMS permission is because now they have in-app payment for buying the Mighty Eagle. You don't buy it in the market, you buy it directly in the app and they send your phone a text message to confirm.

AlphaMack

Reaction score
First Rovio said the SMS permission was a mistake and now they say it's for an in-game payment system.

So which is it?

Something smells enough to warrant a mop and a can of Lysol.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And yes the ads are annoying but hopefully with the new Android Market and allowing in game purchases they will finally release a pay version to make up some revenue. The last 15 levels are blocked right now and the Mighty Eagle is missing. The 2nd needs in game purchases and thus they are probably waiting for that to release the last 15 levels.

Speculation right now.

Selex

Although according to Peter Vesterbacka, Maker of Angry Birds Talks about the Birds, Apple, Android, Nokia, and Palm/HP | Mobile and Social Media

9. Why did you decide to make the Android version free and is that going to change any time soon?
“Free is the way to go with Android. Nobody has been successful selling content on Android. We will offer a way to remove the ads by paying for the app, but we don’t expect that to be a huge revenue stream.”

jayman350

Reaction score
FYI according to twitter, the secret level for the superbowl is unlocked by shooting the white bird backwards in level 13-12 and dropping an egg. You get the football gold egg by doing this.

I haven't unlocked 13-12 yet so I can't verify if it works or not.

Arsonman

Reaction score
I have tried to download the new updates to seasons and regular Angry Birds. They will start ok, but they do not download. Any suggestions.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
My update to the Seasons works fine. I have the "Hogs and Kisses" valentine on there. First game plays fine.

mitchb2

Reaction score
The update broke mine. The ads are WAY more frequent, and 50% of the time when it jerks me to that Traffic Light ad, the game freezes and has to be closed and relaunched.

I can't believe they prefer to keep the obnoxious ads in there instead of just selling the game for $3-$5 without them.