Angry Birds: Transformers Available in Google Play Store Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
angry-birds-transformers-bashing.png

The latest Rovio Angry Birds crossover game is available now. This one crosses over in two ways. One, this one is an Angry Birds: Transformers tie-in to that franchise. Two, this is a Sonic-style platformer game instead of the usual physics based, catapult style of previous Angry Birds games. Here's a full description taken from the Google Play Store,

"Description

Angry Birds and Transformers collide in this action-packed, 3D shoot ‘em up adventure! The EggSpark has transformed the eggs into crazed robots who are destroying Piggy Island, but who can stop them?! Autobirds, ROLL OUT!
Have you ever seen an alien robot Angry Bird? Enter the AUTOBIRDS! This brave band of heroes features Red as Optimus Prime, Chuck as Bumblebee and… well you’ll meet the rest soon. They’ve got lasers and they turn into cars. Plus they have arms and legs – that’s a first!

But the courageous Autobirds can’t save Piggy Island on their own – to stop the EggBots they’ll need to join forces with their arch rivals the DECEPTIHOGS (like Decepticons only smellier). Can these bitter enemies team up and put aside their differences? Yeah right...

*NOTE: Angry Birds Transformers is completely free to play, but there are optional in-app purchases available.

• COLLECT! Unlock a roster of heroes (and villains) with unique attacks and abilities!
  • DESTROY! Leave the slingshot at home – this time you have some SERIOUS firepower!
  • VEHICLES! Oh, yes! Car, truck, tank or plane – transform to dodge falling hazards!
  • UPGRADES! Get stronger weapons and new abilities for every Transformer!
  • TAG TEAM! Borrow a friend’s character to unleash a devastating two-bot assault!
  • TELEPODS™! Scan ‘em to unlock, revive or boost your bots!
*NOTE:
A network connection is required for some game features.
When you play for the first time, there is a one-off download of additional content in the background.

Visit Angry Birds Transformers Headquarters:
http://transformers.angrybirds.com/

Follow the flock:
http://twitter.angrybirds.com

http://facebook.com/angrybirds

Discover the rest of the Angry Birds universe:
https://www.angrybirds.com/"

Google Play Store - Angry Birds Transformers

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As much as I'm feeling like Angry Birds is played out and has seen it's time come and go, I'm gonna send this to my phone. Too bad I'll have to wait until after work to play.

I wish Rovio would release Plunder Pirates or whatever it's called for Android and also, update Angry Birds Go! with real-time multiplayer instead of this ghost crap.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Here's a tip. If you go to upgrade, use coins first, then go back in for gems or whatever they are.

What would cost 24 gems for instant upgrade costs a certain number of coins (pretty easy to come by, especially if you're willing to watch the occasional 15 second ad to double your take) costs 8 gems to finish.

Only comment so far is that I tried to do Facebook connect & it freaked out. Let me play just fine for that session, but when I tried to launch it again later, it started loading then popped up with the request for Facebook access. Didn't matter whether I pressed Ok or cancel, it closed the app & I couldn't play, so I had to clear cache & data & start over.

You can skip the opening when you first start playing, but it's definitely Italy worth watching. Pays serious homage to the old cartoon series.

All in all, a fun little game for the first day.

Sent from my Note 4