Angry Birds Progress solution.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure if this is known, but I just figured out something to restore progress on angrybirds.

You can back up with titanium backup, but it didnt restore the data when I did that. My girl is on 11.19 build and I am trying to convince her to update, but she doesnt want to lose progress on angry birds.

BUT....I figured out how to "highjack" her progress lol...since I lost all of mine on a flash and didnt bother restoring it.

Heres the steps. This also works for saving someone elses progress as your own. I did it to mine.

1. Before you flash, use root explorer and go to /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files and copy the highscores.lua file. Move it to your /SD card.

2. Wipe your phone...install new version of MIUI (or whatever you install)

3. Boot up and download angrybirds from the market again.

4. MUST DO THIS STEP!!! Open angrybirds and beat level 1. Shouldnt be too hard...its one bird kill.

5. Close app and go to /sdcard/highscores.lua Copy the file to /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files...and overwrite the existing highscores file.

BAM...progress restored....or progress upgrade to someone elses progress using the same method.

:)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine all came back when I restored app + data manually in Titanium

DroidForums junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Supposedly there's an app called angry cheater in the marketplace that will save the data to your sd card and restore it at a later date as well

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weird..it didn't restore for me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

publicanimal

Reaction score
Yeah, I've restored backed up & restored Angry Birds data with Titanium Backup for the last several builds, works fine.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok now I feel stupid. I did backup beforehand of course lol. I did a restore app and data for that app only.

Sent from Miui - My Theme 2 Droid