Angry Birds Fans - Tons of News - 4 News Entries

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;YJrnh5wyAYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJrnh5wyAYs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

For all the Angry Birds fans out there, we have compiled a ton of new info regarding the game. Four different news entries are here:

1. There is a new update out with 30 new levels added. These levels bring with them a special western-themed section called 'Ham ‘em High'.

2. Also, the update for Seasons is out. It includes 15 new levels, 3 unlockables, and more golden eggs.

3. There is also a hidden 'easter egg' level designed to coincide with the movie “Rio”, coming out soon. During the Super Bowl they shared the clue to unlock it. Here are the directions on how to unlock it, and above is the walk-through video:
# Open level 13-12 of Ham ‘Em High
# Shoot the first Yellow bird anywhere
# Now shoot the White bird backwards and drop an egg on the back side of the hill
# If you hit the right spot the Golden Egg will pop up!
# Once you find the egg you will see the first image below, which opens the Secret Super Bowl Golden Egg level
# If you can pass the level you’ll see the second image. Notice that the egg contains the text “Rio
4. Angry Birds now requires permissions to carry out SMS functions. 'Rovio' indicated that this is no reason to be concerned, because this is to help with their Bad Piggy Bank service they brought out last month. It's basically their own in-app billing service for devices that don't natively support it (although Android does now). Here's a quote from Phandroid,
The system uses SMS messages so that the carrier can tack the cost of downloadable content to a cell phone bill instead of requiring players to use a credit card. We haven’t seen it in action yet as the service is only available in Finland.

Google introduced native in-app billing libraries earlier last week, but it’s not likely that Bad Piggy Bank will go away unless carriers tap into the newly-added API. I think we can all trust Rovio to not do anything malicious or irresponsible with our SMS service, anyway.

There you have it. A smorgasbord of new info for smashing piggies with your 'Angry Birds'.

Sources: AndroidPolice and Phandroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This makes me happy. But mostly the part about the reason for the SMS security approval. I love Angry Birds and haven't upgraded it because of it.

I'm not worried much about them reading my text messages since I don't text often, but I didn't want random texts sent out from my number as ads to my contacts and what not.

And now...time for some angry birds!

Arsonman

Reaction score
I tried to update both and it would not install either one. :icon_evil:

Reaction score
anyone know when ANDROID version of Angry Birds will get the MIGHTY EAGLE as part of it?

thanks

Arsonman

Reaction score
I still can not update either one. It gives me an error message and they will not update. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

selex

Reaction score
There is already a new update on the Market which removes the SMS/MMS permission and adds internet access.

Selex

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
those were fun, finished all 30 and the 15 of seasons.... waiting for another update :)

cambrosio

Reaction score
Lol, i'm so glad that i downloaded the update. Now if I could just past level 20 on the beginning level

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As soon as I updated I got a random text. Awesome.

Arsonman

Reaction score
Still not able to load the update. I keep getting installation error unknown reason 18 on the download.

Shadyw

Reaction score
Still not able to load the update. I keep getting installation error unknown reason 18 on the download.

Same here. Seems to have ben about the time Froyo 2.3.1 was last updated on my DROID1. Notice several other apps won't load and anything I have on my SD card won't update uless I move it to Phone memory first.

My wife has the same DORID1 and Froyo and no problem. I don't get it.