Angry Birds + Android = 2 Million Downloads

S

SEGA

Android users download Angry Birds two million times in three days

by Mike Schramm (5 hours ago)

Android users must really, really hate those green pigs -- Rovio Mobile, developer of the iOS über-hit Angry Birds, has tweeted that two million Android users have downloaded the app on that platform since it was released just three short days ago. The app has reached 6.5 million sales on the iPhone's App Store, but the Android version is a free download, supported with in-app advertising. The free "lite" version on iPhone has seen 11 million downloads so far.

Rovio has reiterated that a paid version of the app (with advertising removed) is still on the way, and its Twitter account also states they're working on QVGA support and support for other Android devices as well. No matter what they add in the future, two million downloads is a great way to start off on any platform.

Tominator

Reaction score
hopefully other IOS game developers see this and learn a lesson, BRING UR GAMES TO ANDROID!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing. Angry Birds on Android is free. In the app store it's 4.95.:icon_eek:

Well worth the price I'm sure but considering we get it free here, thank your lucky stars. Couldn't believe the price when I saw it yesterday on my new iPad.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. This game is incredibly addicting....
2. This is great exposure for Android and hopefully will bring in more developers.

2 Million downloads in 3 days is not too shabby :)

Jmart922

Reaction score
Jumped on this free version and added it to my gfs incredible as well, so two out of two million

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Asterisk

Reaction score
Here's the thing. Angry Birds on Android is free. In the app store it's 4.95.:icon_eek:

Well worth the price I'm sure but considering we get it free here, thank your lucky stars. Couldn't believe the price when I saw it yesterday on my new iPad.

It isn't that much for the app. I look yesterday in my friends iPhone 4 and it was 99 cents. I don't know if the prices could be different for the iPad and iPhone but I don't think they are.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

debdroid1a

Reaction score

It isn't that much for the app. I look yesterday in my friends iPhone 4 and it was 99 cents. I don't know if the prices could be different for the iPad and iPhone but I don't think they are.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
It could be different. From what i read developers had to make new apps for the iPad, that's why some stopped making Android apps until they were done with those. I also read that some apple apps don't go with all the devices, so those who have an iPhone and iPad may not be able to have the same apps, and different generation items.

I'm one of the 2 millions and have been playing it and loving it!dancedroid

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

waaaaaat?? I bought Angry Birds on my iPod Touch back when they released the demo on on Android, and it was only 99 cents.

Tominator

Reaction score

waaaaaat?? I bought Angry Birds on my iPod Touch back when they released the demo on on Android, and it was only 99 cents.

since the IPAD version is using a HD version of the gme probably, thats why its more expensive

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

since the IPAD version is using a HD version of the gme probably, thats why its more expensive

This is probably why. I also noticed it was Angry Birds HD and that explains the price difference. I did double check the price and I was incorrect, it's $4.99 not the $4.95 I stated earlier.;)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see any ads at all... is it because I'm rooted and have ads blocked? Where are the ads located.