Anger/excitement Lebron in miami

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't blame it all on LeBron for leaving. Cavs management sucks, they didn't bring anyone in to build a championship team.

comer1434

Reaction score
I'm all ready sick on all the babies. People ripping up Lebron. I'm from OHIO and Lebron has been a big part of the Akron/Cleveland area for 15 years. This decision was obviously a tough one for him, he had to consider people would hate and disown him. Lebron had an easy 30 million a year contract sitting for him to resign in Cleveland. He will probably get about 10-12 million a year when it’s all done. Wade, Bosh and James are all taking major play cuts so they can hopefully win now. Even when you’re all ready rich. 18 million dollars is al lot of money to pass up. Cleveland has had seven years to bring in other talent to Help Lebron did they? NO. They rode the kingjames train until the wheels feel off. If they would have brought in talent and did whatever they could to show James they wanted to win. He would have stayed. Pretty simple. So now he has to uproot his life, which has been Ohio his entire life. All his family, friends in that area. People in Ohio are going to hate him and never forgive. So saying this was not hard is an ignorant comment. The blame I feel is with Cav's owner/manager for not helping to convince James to stay. Goes to show you tonight the absolute ridiculous comment from Owner Dan Gilbert. Not someone I would want to work for. Has the integrity of cheap paper towel. Good luck in Miami James. Hope you have fun and maybe get a ring.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem isn't so much that he left Cleveland, b/c y'all are right, he's been there 7 years and been very close... and Cleveland hasn't done the greatest job of getting a supporting cast... not horrible, but not great. The problem is how the whole thing was handled. The media has been hyping this up for 2 years. Lebron has been aloof about it for 2 years. I can understand keeping silent on the issue, and it's not all his fault as the media is at least partially to blame. But he did nothing to slow down the media circus as of late, to the point of having a primetime special on ESPN to announce it. The first time the owners of Cleveland heard about it was when he made the comment that the new team had been informed but the others didn't know yet. It was how Lebron handled it towards the end of this whole thing that made it so bad. It should've been done behind closed doors in a professional manner, he at least owed Cleveland that.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
As a Florida resident and Heat fan, I'm obviously excited. Was it completely ridiculous and self-indulgent to have the hour-long special? Of course it was. And I can certainly see where Cleveland fans would be upset about it.

As far as our chances, James, Bosh, and Wade have all said they'll take a little less money to help put it the other pieces (and trading Beasley last night freed up about 5 million more). I trust Riley to be able to combat with egos and put a team in place. I can't wait!

Also, for quite possibly the best use of Comic Sans font ever, see Dan Gilbert's statement here: Cavaliers: Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert .

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw that letter on sportscenter last night... pretty crazy stuff! I don't even think Mark Cuban would go that far :)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im not a cleveland fan, and I am sure he did it for the ring. But I have to agree that they could have just done it behind doors, but I am sure his agent in the media was in his ear about making it this huge spectacle so he cave. He gave us what we wanted, if we would have kept the tv off and not care maybe it would not have been blown up this big. But we all had the tv's on and we all fed into it. So I guess we can not complain when it happens this way.

gszeman

Reaction score
I saw that letter on sportscenter last night... pretty crazy stuff! I don't even think Mark Cuban would go that far :)

Pretty ballsy to guarantee a championship before LeBron gets one! I'd like to see what he has planned in order for that to happen...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a true Clevelander but I think he stabbed everybody in the heart in this area. The fans really adored him and he basically said .... I can't say it in the forum.

I feel real bad for the fans. I understand wanting to win, but the only reason they lost anyway was because he failed in the playoffs.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No one can be mad he's teamed up with Wade and Bosh and say it isnt fair. Most championship teams have at least 2 legitimate stars. Who else did they have in Cleveland?

He wants to win, I'm sure he coulda got more money with the Nets or Knicks. And the pressure is off his shoulders a lil with Wade and Bosh. More power to him. I hope he wins a championship every year in Miami.

I'm a Wizards fan so I kinda dont like him or the Cavs...lol.

And the owner....he just pissed Lebron left. If he woulda stayed he could have still had that same opinion, which I agree with, but wouldnt have said a thing.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one can be mad he's teamed up with Wade and Bosh and say it isnt fair. Most championship teams have at least 2 legitimate stars. Who else did they have in Cleveland?

He wants to win, I'm sure he coulda got more money with the Nets or Knicks. And the pressure is off his shoulders a lil with Wade and Bosh. More power to him. I hope he wins a championship every year in Miami.

I'm a Wizards fan so I kinda dont like him or the Cavs...lol.

And the owner....he just pissed Lebron left. If he woulda stayed he could have still had that same opinion, which I agree with, but wouldnt have said a thing.

we'll see how Lebron lives up to your signature :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
He already started. He knew the backlash he was gonna get for leaving the Cavs. lol

U made me forgot what I was gonna type....LOL!! I remember: Loyalty.

The owner mentioned that in his letter. So..... basically the owner's saying that Lebron coulda retired a Cav, even after his best playing days were over? Bron wouldnt have been asked for a pay cut when his best days were behind him?

Right.

Tell that to Joe Montana or Jerry Rice. This is a business ppl. When LeBron skills started diminishing whatever owner, general manager he plays for would be looking to get the best trade/deal possible out of him while they still could.

Let the organizations start showing loyalty to the players too, then we can talk about loyalty to the organization.

Michael Jordan should have never played for the Wizards. The Bulls shoulda did everything in their power to keep him, as a player and whatever management role he was trying to get.

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
kinda funny:

[video=youtube;Vowpnb7jxN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vowpnb7jxN8]YouTube - Steve Carell spoofs Lebron James The Decision during ESPYS[/video]