Anger/excitement Lebron in miami

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pc747, Jul 8, 2010.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

keep it some what civil...

Cleveland fans get a pass, you guys can sort of say what you want as long as its not racial lol.
  2. JhankG

JhankG New Member

What an egotistical ass. I'm sure the city of Cleveland really appreciates you announcing that on live television. Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and a bunch of scrubs playing for the minimum does not automatically equal a championship IMO.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

yea but no one wants a dream team - i wasnt a big NBA viewer the past year and im an hr from cleveland so thats who i root for - im done watching that now.

JhankG stated it exactly in the first sentence
  4. hailtothetheif83

hailtothetheif83 New Member

He still isn't going to stop the Lakers 3 peat this upcoming season!!

Everyone else agree that was WAY overdone?!?!?

Ohh almost forgot LeQUEEN is still a d bag
  5. pc747

I agree, its hard to ask other players to play for the minimum if Lebron wont give up some money. Its sad ...

Kevin Durant, one of the stand up players in NBA, can do it the right way and sign his contract. Lebron and espn turned it into a spectacle.
    I hate how they, the news, was turning it into a one man stimulus package. What ever.......yeah I know he bring money to what ever city he goes to, but he is one person.
  6. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I lost all respect for the NBA after the thugs from the Pacers and Pistons got into the stands to fight. Since then NBA players store pistols in their lockers and other STUPID things. If the NBA folded tomorrow I wouldn't care. I love sports and I believe in loyalty to your team, so even though I don't give two craps if he plays for Miami or the Trailblazers, the state and city that embraced him even in high school was given the big middle finger tonight.
  7. pc747

8. bump47

bump47 New Member

I hope Lebron breaks every single basketball record that there is but he never wins a title. That would be the best!
  9. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Lol I heard Apple is going to sell a limited edition Lebron James iPhone that only vibrates cause it has no rings.

and I type this from my Droid.
  10. pc747

:rofl2:

11. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

It's unfortunate that team/town loyalty is so hard to find now. Rarely in pro sports do you find a superstar that sticks with the same team. And the NBA seems like the worst... heck, my beloved but choke-happy Dallas Mavericks have had a good chunk of their starting lineup changed at least twice in just the last two seasons.

As a guy on my local sports radio station said this morning... if Lebron goes to Miami, he'll be on his knees praying for them to lose every single game. I think other teams will have this same feeling as the Heat will now be the "team to beat" (even though they've proved nothing).

This whole thing just reeks of... well I'm not sure what the right word is, but it just reeks.

edit: impurity... that's the word
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  12. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

13. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I made a thread about this because I didn't see this one. But I for one am freaking ecstatic! See this thread to see how I feel about it.
  14. techRob

techRob New Member

(no offense; i skipped all of the posts, just so i could say my piece)...
    1) I'm stoked that I don't have to hear / read anymore about "Where will Lebron go??" while at the gym (watching/reading the TV screens while on bike / eliptical)
    2) I'm afraid of how much I will have to hear / read about the decision finally being made :( ...he's a ball player...he's a person...he was a free agent and now he finally made a choice. the media is going to be looping this for the next week at least. ... "i can't wait" :mellow:
  15. gszeman

gszeman New Member

I think it's a good thing for basketball. It's comparable to what the Celtics did when they signed Garnett. I think a lot of people will watch because of the expectation of what the three of them can do together.

Don't let your anger make you say things like he is not loyal, or he is turning his back on Cleveland. It's a game...he and ALL of the other players in the league are there to win a championship. He spent 7 years of his career in Cleveland and he saw this past year as the best chance he had to make it happen. It didn't. So, why get mad at him for looking to where he can have some type of support? Every single Championship team in recent history has had a supporting cast...he had no one in Cleveland.

He wants to win and used his free agency to make that a real possibilty...don't hate him for being smart about his quest.

I also think it was a bit overplayed by the media, but I respect him for not making it all about LeBron...this "special" did A LOT of good for the boys and girls club, and you can't argue that fact.

I say good for him, and I look forward to watching the Heat...while still remaining loyal to my Pistons.
  16. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

You can't blame it all on LeBron for leaving. Cavs management sucks, they didn't bring anyone in to build a championship team.
  17. comer1434

comer1434 New Member

I'm all ready sick on all the babies. People ripping up Lebron. I'm from OHIO and Lebron has been a big part of the Akron/Cleveland area for 15 years. This decision was obviously a tough one for him, he had to consider people would hate and disown him. Lebron had an easy 30 million a year contract sitting for him to resign in Cleveland. He will probably get about 10-12 million a year when it’s all done. Wade, Bosh and James are all taking major play cuts so they can hopefully win now. Even when you’re all ready rich. 18 million dollars is al lot of money to pass up. Cleveland has had seven years to bring in other talent to Help Lebron did they? NO. They rode the kingjames train until the wheels feel off. If they would have brought in talent and did whatever they could to show James they wanted to win. He would have stayed. Pretty simple. So now he has to uproot his life, which has been Ohio his entire life. All his family, friends in that area. People in Ohio are going to hate him and never forgive. So saying this was not hard is an ignorant comment. The blame I feel is with Cav's owner/manager for not helping to convince James to stay. Goes to show you tonight the absolute ridiculous comment from Owner Dan Gilbert. Not someone I would want to work for. Has the integrity of cheap paper towel. Good luck in Miami James. Hope you have fun and maybe get a ring.
  18. jntdroid

The problem isn't so much that he left Cleveland, b/c y'all are right, he's been there 7 years and been very close... and Cleveland hasn't done the greatest job of getting a supporting cast... not horrible, but not great. The problem is how the whole thing was handled. The media has been hyping this up for 2 years. Lebron has been aloof about it for 2 years. I can understand keeping silent on the issue, and it's not all his fault as the media is at least partially to blame. But he did nothing to slow down the media circus as of late, to the point of having a primetime special on ESPN to announce it. The first time the owners of Cleveland heard about it was when he made the comment that the new team had been informed but the others didn't know yet. It was how Lebron handled it towards the end of this whole thing that made it so bad. It should've been done behind closed doors in a professional manner, he at least owed Cleveland that.
  19. PriestSyrinx

PriestSyrinx New Member

As a Florida resident and Heat fan, I'm obviously excited. Was it completely ridiculous and self-indulgent to have the hour-long special? Of course it was. And I can certainly see where Cleveland fans would be upset about it.

As far as our chances, James, Bosh, and Wade have all said they'll take a little less money to help put it the other pieces (and trading Beasley last night freed up about 5 million more). I trust Riley to be able to combat with egos and put a team in place. I can't wait!

Also, for quite possibly the best use of Comic Sans font ever, see Dan Gilbert's statement here: Cavaliers: Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert .
  20. jntdroid

I saw that letter on sportscenter last night... pretty crazy stuff! I don't even think Mark Cuban would go that far :)
Search tags for this page

droid x lebron case