aNetShare not working

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cpuwhiz22, May 21, 2010.

1. cpuwhiz22

cpuwhiz22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I was previously on 2.0.1 on my Motorola Droid and I was using the wifi tether app. Since then I just finished updating to a rooted 2.1FW, and after seeing that the Wifi Tether app doesn't support 2.1 I decided to try aNetShare. Seemed simple enough, but after starting the AP I cannot see the SSID from any computer/device. Do I need to turn on WiFi before starting it? Or should WiFi be off when running it? Also, when I was running on 2.0.1 w/ the WiFI Tether App I remember that it required me to replace the wifi driver with a modified one. I figured that after updating to 2.1 that that would have reverted to the stock driver, but maybe not. Is it possible that the modified wifi driver is still there, and that is what is causing the problem? Or does anyone have any other ideas why I cannot see the SSID from aNetShare?

Thanks!

2. cpuwhiz22

cpuwhiz22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone? I think I am going to try to shell into the phone and see if my wifi module is still the modified one. That is the only thing I can think of personally, but I have never used aNetShare, so maybe it is something obvious. If anyone has experience with it please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

3. theopulus

theopulus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem here... cannot get aNetShare AP detected on any computer around...

any clue?

Search tags for this page

anetshare not working eris

does anetshare still work?