ANDROID's biggest problem!!! GOOGLE IGNORES!!!

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope the title got your attention. Has anyone else been having this problem???:

Issue 5134 - android - Musicplayer starts automatically with headphones plugged in overriding every other playing app - Project Hosting on Google Code

Google seems to be ignoring the problem, I've heard 2.2 does not fix this issue. I have a Motorola Milestone (Droid), and the thing is not working correctly when playing media files. As described in the post above it will play audio randomly, or when you connect or disconnect headphones. If you have a third party player (mixzing, btunes etc) and you plug in/or unplug the headphones the default music player will start playing. Music will also randomly start playing. Tons of people are having this problem.

If you have the same problem please comment AND STAR the issue in the thread link provided and also voice your concern to your handset manufacturer and your service provider, this problem HAS TO BE FIXED!!!

Thanks!
-rand

I think it's the way your holding it......

HAHAHA...LOL I just had to.....sorry!

Droidfish

Reaction score
I run into this problem on occasion(maybe a few times a week) One thing I've noticed is that every time it happens the party shuffle or shuffle will be turned on. I turn off the party shuffle back out of the music app and all is well. I'll admit there were a couple times when this annoyed me, but I can live with it. It mostly happens with a couple pairs of skull candy head phones I own, and every now and then with the audio cord I use to plug the phone into my car.

OP
R

randmcnally

Reaction score
I'm so glad that so many comedians have the same phone as me.
So what do you think...the headphones?

damn the stock player is such a piece of garbage especially when put back to back with mixzing or btunes.

Lowkee

Reaction score
This has been happening alot to me also. For the past 2 or 3 weeks or so every time i plug my droid into my car it auto starts my default music player on a random podcast i shut it off and go back into dogg catcher. Something else that was strange running BB .2.. i gave up setting up custom ringtones etc.. with all the flashing/wiping ive been doing. Since about BB 1.1 everytime Ive flashed a rom i just left whatever default tone was set. Well a few days into using bb .2 it just randomly started picking audio files on my phone for calls/texts/emails and i never tried to change them.

trumpet444

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Happens to me a lot. And I have a droid, not a milestone. Really freaking aggravating. Started happening with the 3player (cubed music player) with UD, so I thought it was the app. Uninstalled. Then meridian started popping up. The even weirder thing is that they both played the same song when they "opened themselves" (Ares by Bloc party). And if you're listening to talk radio loudly with headphones on, and Ares all of a sudden starts blaring unexpectedly, it scares the crap out of you

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
does this make sense? (before I post the solution on Google's behalf on that thread.
Yup. Always be careful assuming that something's causal and make sure you do sufficient testing to prove it to be.

dblosmith

Reaction score
Definitely the phone's biggest problem!!!

This phone works perfectly, but I listen to podcasts that are hours long. Everytime I want to plug the phone into an audio jack or headphones I worry and pray and hope that it doesn't go to the beginning of a random song and scramble my entire playlist by going into party shuffle. Even using another music player, plugging in headphones would activate the basic music player.

It's infuriating!!! Why won't they do anything about this? If they even addressed it, I might think about getting a DroidX in 6 months... ...but if they won't bother to acknowledge the problem, I might go with the Ally, instead. It has a better hard keyboard anyway.

Fix this!!!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Please see post #13. It's your headphones not the droid.

dblosmith

Reaction score
Interesting....

I try it with generic MP3 player earbuds while traveling, male to male audio extension in my car, Speaker system while at home, and headphone/mic combo while at work, and the problem happens with all of them randomly.

It's infuriating.

jaben2

Reaction score
My X was doing it for a while. It is very irritating. However my problem was I was using headphones that had a button on them for voice, slash skipping songs. I was hitting the button however lightly and it would cause the other music player to start. Then I would have two songs playing at once.
So again check your headphones, and make sure you have just basic headphones before saying it is the phone.

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one with this issue...

I have my Motorola Milestone (droid I call it) plugged into my aux in my car and sometimes, I felt, if I moved the cord a certain way, it started to play all sorts of noises, and then end on a Discovery Channel podcast. I downloaded that pod cast months prior and listened to 1min of it and thought I had deleted it. I guess I had not.

I had ignored it because I thought it was a hardware issue, and if it was I am screwed because I (like a fool) did not get any insurance on my droid.

But it happens every time its on the aux cable. I listen to internet radio on my droid and if that cuts out, I pick up the droid and...boom random noises and then podcast!

good to know Im not the only one with the prob.

dblosmith

Reaction score
Yeah. It's the phone. Unless the headphones every audio device to act the same way, it's the phone, either hardware or software problems.