Android2iOS: Android users trying to understand iOS

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
iphone-6s-3d-touch-android-comparison.png

Can someone explain to me how 3D touch is any different than the long press, which was a standard android feature since like forever?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
3D Touch just works better IMO the hard to soft tap really works well and is useful...it will also be the center of things to come for iOS ...especially when they get rid of home button later on down the road ...

6S PLUS

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
@pc747 , thanks for the link/video re 3D touch. I had no idea it was that much different than Androids long press option. I almost temporarily banned bk for his blasphemous comment.

S5 tap'n

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Lol. Ooops...... I just asked this question in the other thread. My sister and brother in law just switched to spring and both got iPhones. They really like them but say it's a big switch from Android.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. Ooops...... I just asked this question in the other thread. My sister and brother in law just switched to spring and both got iPhones. They really like them but say it's a big switch from Android.

It's just a different mindset in how to get from point a to point b. They both get you where you want to go but differently. Do you want to video call or facetime call? Do you want to text or whatever Apple calls their iPhone to iPhone texting? On-screen widgets and custom launchers are about the biggest differences anymore except where Apple just took a huge leap over Android with their ability to DELETE bloatware, not just freeze it.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
It's just a different mindset in how to get from point a to point b. They both get you where you want to go but differently. Do you want to video call or facetime call? Do you want to text or whatever Apple calls their iPhone to iPhone texting? On-screen widgets and custom launchers are about the biggest differences anymore except where Apple just took a huge leap over Android with their ability to DELETE bloatware, not just freeze it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
The only bloat ware that bothers me on devices is what verizon pushes onto me. I don't mind the manufacturer specific apps.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only bloat ware that bothers me on devices is what verizon pushes onto me. I don't mind the manufacturer specific apps.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
True that but as an example you loathe Safari browser. If what I'm seeing is true you can change defaults, unlike in the past, after deleting Safari. That was my gripe before, not being able to change default apps in so many areas.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 2

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
True that but as an example you loathe Safari browser. If what I'm seeing is true you can change defaults, unlike in the past, after deleting Safari. That was my gripe before, not being able to change default apps in so many areas.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 2
Yep, it is possible these days. How to Choose Your Default Applications on an iPhone or iPad
Its still not enough to make me switch. Too many other frustrating Apple issues to deal with.
....but that's just me.

S5 tap'n

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I want Samsung to eliminate the ugly background on notifications on the lock screen

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, it is possible these days. How to Choose Your Default Applications on an iPhone or iPad
Its still not enough to make me switch. Too many other frustrating Apple issues to deal with.
....but that's just me.

S5 tap'n
That's me as well but things like that could cause some that are just fed up with slow-no firmware updates, lack of available accessories the way iPhone has, built in carrier bloatware, etc to

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><

Reactions: cr6
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The smartphone landscape continues to change as do we. 2 years ago I could not evan fathom a device that was not unlocked or rooted and I know @bkdodger was probably the same. But as we continue to see the lines blur between android and apple it makes for some awesome devices. 3-4 years ago android was the the free land that just could not get the camera right, bring swift updates, or operate without lag. While iOS had the nice camera and smooth OS, it lacked any form of an identity that separated my iPhone from everyone else's. One size, one way to do apps, and slow changes. It was like Apple was ok with keeping the iPhone in the slow lane.

Now we are seeing multiple android phones with great cameras, awesome build quality, and mid end android devices performing better than high end phones of yesteryear. And Apple is starting to do a little more than be vanilla with the iPhone. With more houses divided I enjoy that we are at a point in tech where we are seeing people care less and less about the OS of the phone.

smart-home-tug-of-war-640x427.jpg

29e755a34bd57c5611948ed07583d151.jpg

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
9d1e3397e320af8de49968052eef6d1a.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm sure many will disagree with me..but I think others will agree...if Samsung, moto, huawai took the moto approach (bone stock Android and you can add on features from there without the ui being so damn heavy) and made some really cool add ons like triple tap,chop, 2 finger long press, 3 to get swipe and have it function well...and not have the phone so weighed down ...and get rid of the needless bloat and I mean mostly carrier branded crap..with the under the hood specs we have now..Android would be like a super powered dragster for those of us who want it, and like a Mercedes to those who want a luxury sport.

That's just my opinion..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
What about the rumored iPhone 7 Pro 256Gb with dual rear cameras....