Solved Android won't mount on pc

Mikaru

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy avant
I plug my phone into my computer and all it lets me do is charge it when I want to transfer files from the phone to the pc. I've restarted both, have USB debugging ticked. Please advise.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Sometimes the phone will prompt to change modes when plugged in. Did it ever work? Does your computer attempt to find it or make any sounds?

There are ways to transfer files over your local network using AirDroid or WiFi File Transfer, (there are other similar apps), or you could use a DropBox account.

OP
M

Mikaru

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy avant
Made sounds then did nothing. Trying air droid but it's not connecting. Put the ip address in Chrome on laptop but it said the page wasn't found.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It requires the IP address followed by something like :8080 or some other port number. Some computer just don't want to connect to some portable devices. Often it's a security issue or something in device manager that has gotten bungled up.

OP
M

Mikaru

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy avant
Got it to work. I reinstalled it on my laptop and it gave me the ip on my phone.. Nice app. Too bad it won't work the old way. Anyway ty.