1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android Widow Tether

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by carnyewest2, Sep 23, 2011.

1. carnyewest2

carnyewest2 New Member

Currently using DROID X Gingerbread. Widow tether beta 6 3.1 newest release. It takes me to the Verizon login page. Anyone know how to fix this? Im kinda a noob so please help me expand my knowledge. Im not sure how rims work or why I have to clear my data and cache to install a new program or if that is what a rom even is. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Please email if it must remain private. Ohiostatebuckeyefan592@gmail.com. I chose DROID x under the settings of the app. I tried switching channels, encryption, etc. It worked fine everyday up until now. Please help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. REMilk

REMilk New Member

Is this wireless tethering? If so, then Verizon has 'trapped' your use of wireless tethering and requires you to pay to use the service.
  3. carnyewest2

carnyewest2 New Member

So basically I rooted my phone for nothing? Guess its back to stock for me. I've heard others had this problem and found a way around it or another way to access wireless tethering. Without it I don't see why anyone would want a rooted phone. Oh well ill shell out the 20 bucks. That's just lunch one day. Figured these message boards would offer a little more help. At least I learned a few things today. Thanks anyways. Without tethering my touchpad is useless I can't live without it.

4. REMilk

REMilk New Member

I am able to tether via USB with "Easy Tether" and "PDANet".
  5. carnyewest2

carnyewest2 New Member

I can too on a computer with a isbn port. The hp touchpad has no usb port or tethering software that will run on webOS. So without wireless tethering im carrying around a e reader or word processor. Its useless without internet. My days with Verizon are limited and droids for that matter. The iphone does everything I need. Since a rooted DROID has no edge over a stock iphone without wireless tether then I no longer need one.

Search tags for this page
widow hacker for android

widow tether