Android Widow Tether

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by carnyewest2, Sep 23, 2011.

1. carnyewest2

carnyewest2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Currently using DROID X Gingerbread. Widow tether beta 6 3.1 newest release. It takes me to the Verizon login page. Anyone know how to fix this? Im kinda a noob so please help me expand my knowledge. Im not sure how rims work or why I have to clear my data and cache to install a new program or if that is what a rom even is. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Please email if it must remain private. Ohiostatebuckeyefan592@gmail.com. I chose DROID x under the settings of the app. I tried switching channels, encryption, etc. It worked fine everyday up until now. Please help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Is this wireless tethering? If so, then Verizon has 'trapped' your use of wireless tethering and requires you to pay to use the service.

3. carnyewest2

carnyewest2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So basically I rooted my phone for nothing? Guess its back to stock for me. I've heard others had this problem and found a way around it or another way to access wireless tethering. Without it I don't see why anyone would want a rooted phone. Oh well ill shell out the 20 bucks. That's just lunch one day. Figured these message boards would offer a little more help. At least I learned a few things today. Thanks anyways. Without tethering my touchpad is useless I can't live without it.

4. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I am able to tether via USB with "Easy Tether" and "PDANet".

5. carnyewest2

carnyewest2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can too on a computer with a isbn port. The hp touchpad has no usb port or tethering software that will run on webOS. So without wireless tethering im carrying around a e reader or word processor. Its useless without internet. My days with Verizon are limited and droids for that matter. The iphone does everything I need. Since a rooted DROID has no edge over a stock iphone without wireless tether then I no longer need one.

Search tags for this page
widow hacker for android

widow tether