Android wear update

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even with Maps blocked in the AW App on my phone I can still open Maps on my watch in the new Apps Menu (double tap) and it zoomed right into my exact street location with options on the watch screen. The road names were easy enough to see. I zoomed out a little for this but you can see the menu options on the screen. Might be a cool new feature for those that want it.

View attachment 74956
Yeah that's what I was hoping it'd do.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Played around with maps a little... I really like the new update. Haven't used the flick scrolling but it's a nice touch.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone else noticed the new built in Google Fit watch face that came with 5.1? I just noticed it this morning. It's kind of plain, but not too bad for a system face. I wish Google would add some settings options to change colors and other features. I'm also not sure about Mini Aurora and Mini Neon, were they in there before 5.1?

screen.png

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't see Fit or Mini anything.

So you don't see these faces? I assumed they came with the 5.1 watch update? I have not done anything different, updated the AW App twice and then the watch.

Screenshot_2015-05-28-13-20-29.png

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh, yea. I do have those. I had all of them disabled so they don't show up on my watch.
The Mini's look like smaller versions of the ones already on there. Weird that I had the normal ones disabled AND it auto disabled the Mini ones for me. Sweet. ;)

/edit/

I assume no Fit because that's disabled, too.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So it looks like we received 4 new faces with 5.1. I guess it's cool that Google is providing new faces, even though most of us probably use ones we create or get from the Play Store. At least they are providing new stuff.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just got another AW update. Change log looks the same as last time.

TapaTurbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just got another AW update. Change log looks the same as last time.

I received it this morning. You would think a 27.7 MB update file would have something new in the What's New section? So far I have not seen anything new or different on my watch or the AW app.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anybody actually use fit on their watch/phone? I know before @PereDroid figured out that we can at least disable the notifications for it on the watch, it would never match what S health on my phone said my steps were.

While I'm not obsessed with step counting by any means, it'd be nice if the two devices would kind of work together.

I did install fit on my phone for like half a day once and it seemed like it simply relied on the watch to track steps. I think you'd get a more accurate reading if the watch registered hand/arm movement as steps even when you're sitting at your desk, but the phone knew better (that you aren't actually walking anywhere).

So, anybody done any testing and/or use it on a regular basis?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Anybody actually use fit on their watch/phone? I know before @PereDroid figured out that we can at least disable the notifications for it on the watch, it would never match what S health on my phone said my steps were.........
So, anybody done any testing and/or use it on a regular basis?

I tried the Fit app on my phone for a few days back in January and was not impressed. I think the step counter and history info on the watch is better than what Fit was displaying to me. I actually use the step counter card on my watch every day, I find it useful. Is it the most accurate thing in the world? Probably not. Does it sometimes detect arm motion as a step? Probably. Is it close enough for what I want? Yes. If nothing else the constant display of step counts on my wrist has helped me remember to get up, get away from my desk (and 3 computers) a few times more each day and walk around the building a little bit. I just didn't like the way the Fit app changed the data and the way it displays it, not intuitive. Not everyone wants the Steps card on their watch and that's cool, it's good to have choices. I like it and use it and hope to see the Fit app become more intuitive and display the data better. Just my 2 cents.