Android wear update

Discussion in 'Watches (Android Wear, Tizen/Samsung, etc)' started by bkdodger, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    Just when we thought Google couldn't make Wear OS updates any more confusing...they might have done just that. They announced that System Version H will be rolling out over the next few months to some watches. This will be another system version / OTA update, not an update though the Wear OS app. This update will focus on:

Battery Saver Mode Updates
    Improved Off Body Efficiency
    Smart App Resume for all Apps
    Two Step Power Off

Why System Version H? Who knows. o_O Maybe they should go back to Version Numbers? Or go back to Android OS numbering? Something other than Version H.

Introducing System Version: H Update - Wear OS by Google Help

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,686
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Wow...Wish I could say I was surprised. Sounds like some good things they're working on though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

• Like Like x 2
  3. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Which smartwatches will get it? That's my main concern.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    They didn't State that in the post. Something about being up to the manufacturer, or something like that. So that means the Moto 360 series will not get it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,686
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I doubt my Urbane will get it. Who knows though? It wasn't supposed to get upgraded to Wear OS from Android Wear & then it got this latest update.

One thing is for sure, the whole Google smartwatch world is one giant cluster...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

• Like Like x 3
  6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Do all of you have to constantly grant permission to re-connect your watch to your phone? I'm saying after they are disconnected, either because of a dead battery or going out of range....I'm sure it's a security issue, but it seems like your frickin' phone should remember you gave it access until you revoke it (you know, like how it works with BT devices on a pc).

Basically, if I take my watch off to charge, I will then have to reconnect (partly because of Android pay - I have to type in my pin every time I put it back on). And, of course, my phone and watch will annoy me every 5 minutes to grant access to pair.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    No, not anymore. That was an issue a while back, either with Android Wear / Wear OS or the version of Android we were running at the time. That plagued me for months until some kind of an update fixed it. There are posts about it (mostly me complaining about it ) around here somewhere that might point to when it was resolved

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. doniago

doniago Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I've occasionally lost connection and been asked to re-pair, but it's a rare occurrence (thankfully I don't need to FDR my watch or such).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

Ratings:
    +52
    This. This problem was mostly solved since then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Hmmm....I think it's either being caused by Android Pay, or maybe CCleaner I have scheduled to run every night is erasing something (it doesn't touch bluetooth, but maybe was killing a process that caused it to remember).

It definitely didn't used to be an every day thing, but still seemed to happen a few times a week.

11. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    Anyone else have any issues after the most recent Wear OS app update? I'm not sure if the recent app update dorked up my watch, or if the battery is finally failing; but my battery stats (watch) are way out of whack. Saturday evening my watch just died. It usually lasts all day from sunup to bedtime. I didn't think much of it, charged it for a while and put it back on. I put it on Sunday morning and didn't think much of it, then noticed Sunday afternoon that the watch battery was still displaying 100%, and I could not open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone. Knowing that was impossible I rebooted the watch. Watch battery then displayed 99% and I could at least open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone, which displayed 4 days remaining (which I knew was wrong). Yesterday around 9:00 (3 hours off the charger) I noticed that my watch battery was still "stuck" at displaying 100%, notifications were not appearing on my watch, no vibration for new notifications and I could not open the Watch Battery stats from the Wear OS app on my phone again. I rebooted my watch and the battery displayed 98% (which I knew was still impossible), notifications started working on my watch again. But my watch battery never displayed below 98% all day and into the night. It didn't die yesterday, still made it from 06:00 to 10:00 PM; but there is no way I had 98% battery. I guess I need to factory reset my watch and run it with no Play Store apps and no third party watch faces for a day or 2 to see if the battery is failing & need a new watch, or if it was just a glitch when my watch updated the recent Wear OS app update.

12. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

Ratings:
    +52
    I'm not having any problems with my Huawei Watch or any of the updates lately, sorry.

Search tags for this page
android wear update
azs
best cameras

news