Android wear update

Badelhas

Reaction score
The setting in "on" on the Android Wear app.
Edit: I had their notifications from the calendar blocked. Let's see if that was the problem since I've seen other users complaining about this. I'll test it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Now that you mention it, idk that I've seen my daily agenda on the watch since the update... That's USUALLY just my wife's work schedule or other things I know are coming up, so I haven't paid much attention to it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Do you have the Always On Display feature set to Off? I was just reading that with AW 2.0 and that Setting set to Off, that will prevent the night stand clock mode from kicking in while charging.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Thank You Sajo! It worked!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I updated my Moto 360 to AW 2.0 last night. It only took 3 hours and 2 FDR's / unpairing....but it updated. I like the new Notification system, the new Delete / Reply, etc options. Took me a few minutes to find them, so used to swiping to the left. I do not like the new Play Store concept when it comes to watch faces. I get the concept for apps, but why do I have to download a watch face on my phone....let it sync...wait for the watch to ask me to download it to my watch....then finally set it up? Don't like that process.

Having trouble with my favorite watch face also, but think it's an app permissions issue that has not been updated for AW 2.0. I emailed the developers and hope they can provide a solution.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm wondering if that watch face app Play Store situation isn't a developer issue as well. Something like minimal & elegant is always going to have a companion app on the phone. That just makes sense, but I'm wondering if less customizable watch faces need to be coded differently to only install on the watch...?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good question Jonny. I might try a simpler watch face and see if I have to download to both, or if it auto syncs to the watch.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The app developer just helped me out, those folks are awesome. The watch now has its own Permission Settings, and my watch face didn't have the correct Storage permission. I was checking Permissions on the phone only. Bingo!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good question Jonny. I might try a simpler watch face and see if I have to download to both, or if it auto syncs to the watch.

One of the big new features was independent app installation, but I'm almost willing to bet that if a face hasn't been updated, it's still a phone app with a watch component instead of just a watch app.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Or they're dumb & they just made it so you can have apps on your phone & not your watch. Should really work both ways.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I do like the new Play Music screen on AW 2.0. it's a little easier to use, more options in the main screen and less swiping to play / pause / skip tracks. Good job on that Google, looks better.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I do like the new Play Music screen on AW 2.0. it's a little easier to use, more options in the main screen and less swiping to play / pause / skip tracks. Good job on that Google, looks better.

I like it except that they hid the thumbs up & down behind the menu. Was better for me when it was quick access. I like to use those buttons to better tailor it to my likes.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good point, I still haven't found the Thumbs Up / Down menu. It's hiding in there somewhere.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good point, I still haven't found the Thumbs Up / Down menu. It's hiding in there somewhere.

You have to tap a couple of times, then it's hidden in the 3 dot menu at the bottom.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I rebooted my phone this morning, just because (it's been a few weeks and figured a reboot wouldn't hurt). When it turned back on I had a "Pair With Watch..." request on my phone and a Pairing Request message on my watch. I wonder if this is normal with AW 2.0, because of the built in watch Play Store? Every reboot requires a new pairing request?