Android wear update

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's a little blurry, but still viewable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can read it too. I tried uploading it again, but it didn't change anything, so I'm leaving it.

No luck on my watch yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
d881d68245e7319e69c5f15ba7929b09.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Still no update for me. I'm out of work today with a bad back, so I won't be wearing it anyway.

I did have a notification on my phone from the AW app that linked to the changelog this morning though.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
First thing it did was copy my "Google profile" to the watch. First thing I did was go to APPS and DEBLOAT MY WATCH!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!! No more Amazon or Ebay app!

New "quick settings" is so much better. Swipe down and everything is on one screen. Airplane mode, volume, settings, quick brightness... minor but big improvement.

Faces works a bit different. You can setup a "favorite gallery". Pick a few faces to go there and you can switch between them SUPAH FAST. Guessing this is so you could have like your day face, your after work workout face, and your night face all within a swipe away from changing. Yes, literally a swipe away. Have fun getting used to swiping left or right to change faces now. :D

App launcher is much improved. And configurable. No longer are they listed by what you use last. But now you can say "I want these 3 apps at the top of the list".

So far so good!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh, and I think I know why older watches won't get this...I'm not sure how you would get to your apps without a crown button?!?!? Could it be so simple that the only real requirement for AW 2.0 is a Crown Button?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal Pere. Thanks for the updates & feedback. Sounds interesting. I'm starting to wonder if Moto has given up on Moto 360 support since they stopped making watches. Hopefully we will still get AW 2.0 eventually; but if not it's not the end of the world.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First thing it did was copy my "Google profile" to the watch. First thing I did was go to APPS and DEBLOAT MY WATCH!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!! No more Amazon or Ebay app!

New "quick settings" is so much better. Swipe down and everything is on one screen. Airplane mode, volume, settings, quick brightness... minor but big improvement.

Faces works a bit different. You can setup a "favorite gallery". Pick a few faces to go there and you can switch between them SUPAH FAST. Guessing this is so you could have like your day face, your after work workout face, and your night face all within a swipe away from changing. Yes, literally a swipe away. Have fun getting used to swiping left or right to change faces now. :D

App launcher is much improved. And configurable. No longer are they listed by what you use last. But now you can say "I want these 3 apps at the top of the list".

So far so good!
From what you're seeing with your update would you think others that currently do not have smartwatches might become more interested in the product? Or do you think it's too late for the whole thing, no matter the platform?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just checked for updates on my watch. It's at 91% & telling me to charge to update it. You'd think that would be enough.

Guess I'll plug it in while I eat lunch & see if it works...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, this is definitely a big update. Had my watch on the charger for at least 20 minutes, probably closer to 30 and it didn't get to halfway downloaded before I had to return to work. Guess I'll have to wait until this evening to update it, because it's telling me to charge to update again.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I messed around with the developer preview and I liked the update but there were some bugs, as expected. I just want the official now..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I noticed some lag on the Watch when using Certain Watch Faces with Matchmaker that I did have before. I guess they may need to be tweaked for AW2.0. I like the Layout and Notifications is better