Android wear update

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can use the money for other stuff

The 360 sport looked promising but the reviews are telling a different story.

Awwwkward.
It would be harder to tell your boss you're home sick when the ocean is in the background of your call for sure.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It would be harder to tell your boss you're home sick when the ocean is in the background of your call for sure.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
I'm home already. Wish I could get the beach sounds in Cleveland.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ummmmm....

edgewater1.jpg

Waves might not get as noisy as the Pacific but we certainly have waves here...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Edgewater? If you jump over the needles, tampons, etc(Yes, it's a lot better now that Metroparks took it over) it's not bad but it's also 2 months out of the year you can enjoy the beach basically. Last year sucked for boating having to wear a jacket on the water.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's not a lot better, it's an entirely different beach. I didn't even mention Huntington or Headlands as they are not in CLE proper.
Hey, you just want the sounds... for that you have probably 9-10 months out of the year (when it's not frozen).

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well, might have to do a FDR on the watch after all. Noticed that my phone battery was draining faster than normal yesterday; Android OS and Google Play Services were #1 and #2, screen #3. I chalked it up to all of the Google apps I updated yesterday. Today my phone drained faster than normal again and my watch died unexpectedly, barely made it 12 hours. Then it was stuck on the LG logo and would not boot up. A few pushes of the reset button and popping it on the charger forced a reboot and it's finally charging. Might have to do the watch FDR again....like every other OS update.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, might have to do a FDR on the watch after all. Noticed that my phone battery was draining faster than normal yesterday; Android OS and Google Play Services were #1 and #2, screen #3. I chalked it up to all of the Google apps I updated yesterday. Today my phone drained faster than normal again and my watch died unexpectedly, barely made it 12 hours. Then it was stuck on the LG logo and would not boot up. A few pushes of the reset button and popping it on the charger forced a reboot and it's finally charging. Might have to do the watch FDR again....like every other OS update.

That's crazy. I had terrible battery life on my watch the day before I realized mine had updated, but that's it. Sorry you're having troubles, but I can't argue with your intended fix.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's crazy. I had terrible battery life on my watch the day before I realized mine had updated, but that's it. Sorry you're having troubles, but I can't argue with your intended fix.
Thanks Jonny. I tried clearing the app cache last night, clearing the cache from recovery and rebooted my phone and watch....figured I would try that first. Put the watch on the charger last night and woke up this morning and it only made it to 50% all night. Android OS is killing the battery. Will do a watch FDR later today. Too busy at work right now.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My watch has has not died on me since this update. Serious improvement in battery life.
Almost midnight...STILL at 38%.
Impressed.
Still nothing, Sajo?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My watch has has not died on me since this update. Serious improvement in battery life.
Impressed.
Still nothing, Sajo?

Yes. No FDR needed. Just have not had much time to post. Watch has been good since last post.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Impressed.
Still nothing, Sajo?

I read that this update includes Doze. Post sure that explains the better battery life. I've had the same experience.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wore it yesterday. Left it home accidentally today. So granted it didn't get used much of today.
Picked it up just now at 10pm and was shocked when it lit up in my hand.

uploadfromtaptalk1457751742843.png

Awesome update for sure.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I know this thread is about AW updates...While this doesn't necessarily fit perfectly, I'm pretty sure it's something that's changed with a recent update...

I had been running the N preview on my Nexus 6P over the weekend. Just switched back to the stable MM build, which required a reset of the phone. I'm at work without my watch charger and didn't even think about how pairing asks you to connect the watch to power or even that I'd have to reset it.

So, I reset the watch once the phone was back up and running, hoping I could at least turn it off without pairing it if it insisted that I connect to power.

When it finally booted up, it did ask me to connect to power, but I swiped to the right and it let me go ahead and pair with my phone without having it on the charger!

I kinda get why they request that, but my watch was fully charged this morning, so I'm glad to see that I could skip that part and get back to using my phone and watch.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was able to pair with my phone while the watch was off the charger, it took a few tries, but it always seemed to take a few times before I was able to successfully pair.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk