Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've been trying to get more into using the gestures. Previously, I turned off Tilt to Wake on my Urbane. Since I got my 6P back, I've left it on. That's been very handy while bundled up this Winter and wanting to start some music without digging for my phone and without having to uncover the watch and tap it to wake the screen.

I get the feeling that the gestures would be just as handy if I'd actually take the time to use them. Assuming I can work out how to use them without looking too strange. If nothing else, the shake to return to the face is nice.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Me using gestures with my watch would look like a Jim carrey..like in liar liar where he kicks his own butt in the bathroom.....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just got notified to charge my watch and download the new update.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I just got notified of crap. I'm about to chuck this thing. System is up to date. I've been checking a few times a day.

c2335068dbfbe863dc652c7a90a993a9.jpg

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me using gestures with my watch would look like a Jim carrey..like in liar liar where he kicks his own butt in the bathroom.....
I guess that would depend on the sensitivity of the sensors and accuracy of the software. My shirt will inadvertently cause actions on my phone, even though sensitivity isn't set too high, sometimes whereas it takes an act of congress to get any response on my hand computer I use for work. About the only gesture I could ever see working with my work Sapphire would be if I want throwing it at a wall to cause the battery to pop out when it hits the wall as a power down method. I put a screen protector on my S because of over sensitivity to touch gestures. I see the Moto stuff being about the sweet spot for accuracy when it's nekkid.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I may be the last member here with an original G Watch....so far AW 6.0 is running butter smooth on my watch. Didn't have to do a FDR either....I think that's a first for me. Good job Google!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. I haven't noticed any issues that would prompt me to reset mine since it installed the update without telling me. That's a nice surprise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah. I haven't noticed any issues that would prompt me to reset mine since it installed the update without telling me. That's a nice surprise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Definitely! I've had it download before without prompting, but prompted for the install. As long as it's running smooth I guess all is good.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm still waiting lol

6s Plus
If you have a Moto 360 1st Gen there were some rumors that the update halted because of bricked watches. I can't confirm that though, just a rumor. I do know that there are a few posts on the Moto Forum that 1st Gen watches are stuck on the bootup screen. Hopefully we all have it soon...and no bricked watches.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Please brick it!!!! Give a refund.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's just looking for an excuse to get a newer fancier wat h so he can try being "together" again with his BFF.

Imagine a future model coming with a camera and an AW version of Skype ability. We're talking Jetsons comes to fruition stuff here.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Refund? You don't even really use yours! :p
Yes, I can use the money for other stuff
He's just looking for an excuse to get a newer fancier watch so he can try being "together" again with his BFF.

The 360 sport looked promising but the reviews are telling a different story.
Imagine a future model coming with a camera and an AW version of Skype ability. We're talking Jetsons comes to fruition stuff here.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Awwwkward.