Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I actually was using S Health on my Note 4 for the step counting, but I've decided I miss the days of having a nexus device, so I've begun transitioning away from the Samsung Specific apps.

I switched to Fit and I like that it'll so me my steps if I ask, but the goal is a set number of minutes worth of activity. Given how I tend to agree that I don't think these things are very accurate in their step count, that's been a better motivator for me. I set it fairly low to start, 36 minutes a day. I'm about to bump it up to at least an hour, because I'm hitting that and then some every day even though I've been managing to stay in my office for more of the day lately.

Like Sajo, I do like to find excuses to get up and get out of the office from time to time, but it doesn't always happen.

Time moving vs steps taken seems like a better measure to me though, given the accuracy (or lack thereof) of these devices.

I think S Health gave me a better count because it was just on my phone, so it didn't register random hand movements while at my desk as maybe walking a little. That could just be me fooling myself though, because I read an article somewhere at some point that explained that hip-mounted step counters tend to be far closer to accurate for that reason. Makes sense to me.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have always left mine On. I never really performed any scientific tests to see if it is accurate or not. I juts try to hit the 10,000 step goal every day. If it's not accurate, that's OK with me. It helps as a reminder to get up & away from my desk and walk around the building a few times a day.

What kind of a nerd are you?? Walk down the driveway, count your steps, look at your watch. You lose your nerd card.
I agree with you though. However it comes up with these miracle numbers, it's still a number to shoot for or surpass.

alex.bruant

Reaction score
I have a Moto 360 pair with my Lenovo K3 note / ANDROID 5.0, i love it. Just sometimes it doesn't connect anymore and I have to do a factory reset :( but when it's connected everything is good with the apps i totally customize everything :)

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
1:18AM. At the bar. Loooong day at work. Watch on since 8am.
Still 27% battery.
9 months in? Happy with that.

TapaTurbo

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
1:01 Central time. Camping. Left the watch at home. Power source limited. Saving power pack for wife's phone in the AM & my phone after the spare battery dies tomorrow. ;)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
1:18AM. At the bar. Loooong day at work. Watch on since 8am.
Still 27% battery.
9 months in? Happy with that.

TapaTurbo
I would say that's still pretty good. I am getting about the same as always.....usually about 16 hours off the charger and still have around 40-50% when I go to bed and put it back in the charger.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Seems like a good product and good deal. But....when camping isn't the point to unplug, turn off and enjoy the great outdoors? Go off the grid for a weekend. (I'm not sure if my wife and kids could handle a weekend off the grid).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like a good product and good deal. But....when camping isn't the point to unplug, turn off and enjoy the great outdoors? Go off the grid for a weekend. (I'm not sure if my wife and kids could handle a weekend off the grid).

For myself, yes. For many that think of camping roughing as the RV with a.c. , satellite dish and microwave oven, no. To them sleeping in a tent and no electronic devices is unthinkable.
But in all seriousness, if it in the woods for a few days, though we may wish to stay unplugged, Killa might have other ideas when we accidentally get too close on a trail and get bitten bringing about a need to dial 911 or the nearest ranger station. I have a fleet of many when we go camping and 1 backup battery wouldn't cut it for us, even as emergency because at least 1 ALWAYS forgets to charge before leaving. ALWAYS.
Sorry to jack yet another thread
I'm always looking for feedback on AW updates because I might not be on Tizen forever.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's all good. An excellent product suggestion never hurts. I am really liking AW 5.1. Looking forward to whatever goodies Google puts in 5.2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's all good. An excellent product suggestion never hurts. I am really liking AW 5.1. Looking forward to whatever goodies Google puts in 5.2

I hope the next generation of watches include hidden stuff awaiting the software updates to wake them up.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

That was us this weekend. I turned mobile data off on my phone & checked it once or twice a day, if that. We cooked or meals over our fire & slept in tents. Though, we do have air mattresses.

We hung out by the fire pit all day while My stepson played on the playground in view of our site. They tried the beach, but the lake is still very cold.

Starting pouring rain right after I got the tent in the bag, but other than that, weather was beautiful.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think only die hard watch people will upgrade watches like they do phones...

TapaTurbo

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think only die hard watch people will upgrade watches like they do phones...

I don't necessarily disagree, but the specs are so modest right now that upgrades could be significant enough to prompt a new purchase, like in the early days of Android phones. You know, add LTE...add GPS...add NFC....there will be new features for some time that get people thinking "hmmmm, I don't have to worry about grabbing my phone all the time when I duck out for quick errands". I have no interest in taking calls from a watch, but Moto(?) has that really tiny bluetooth earpiece which people could easily fish out of their pocket for a call.

Plus, more than a few people might look at their phone AND watch and decide where they get more bang for their buck upgrading, which for a while will probably be watches. With voice recognition getting better and better, for some people a watch does promise replacing a phone in many instances, at least for calls/texts/email.

Reactions: cr6