Android wear update

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Because it added nothing and has the exact same changelog listed as the previous version.
Like they couldn't even put
*Bugfixes
????

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Because it added nothing and has the exact same changelog listed as the previous version.
Like they couldn't even put
*Bugfixes
????
I know, right? That's two updates in a row to the AW app that have the same "what's new" verbiage but a different version number. Come on Google, at least tell us what these small updates are doing!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My favorite example of a changelog that never gets updated was for...Facebook Groups? One of the Facebook apps anyway.

It said, "Every update to (app name) provides bug fixes and improves performance."

Way to phone it in...

But it does strike me as odd that Google rarely updates theirs in their own store. The worst are the ones with a generic link to a Google+ page that doesn't even necessarily take you to any info about this update.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh, you mean like Google Now, Johnny? I think that's the one that annoys me most.
*New Voice Features added. Click here for info!
And it's the G+ Page for Google Search. Really? I am supposed to what?!? Read through 150 posts to find the ONE you posted that tells me what new voice interactions it has? I've certainly never found it.
SO LAME.
I just don't get how such a forward thinking company, that I love, can continually make some of the stupidest missteps... I swear.

Badelhas

Reaction score
Does anybody have ambient, tilt, gestures, auto brightness and wifi on, along with a watchmaker watchface? What kind of battery life do you guys get with the 5.1.1 update?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has the newness and fun worn off of smart watches / Android Wear? Or are we all just enjoying our watches on 5.1 and not much new to report? Or....enjoying a busy fun filled Summer? Just curious....has not been much watch talk lately.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Still wearing mine to work every day. Definitely been a busy summer. Not all of it fun. Haven't really had time to play and try out any new wear apps.

Waiting for the rumored Hangouts update that will allow you to pull up your conversations on the watch. Drives me nuts when I swipe a text away and then realize I forgot something it said, but the only way to find out is to get my phone out since I've already dismissed it on my watch.

That's probably my biggest complaint lately. Or sitting there trying to remember what the wife's text said because I don't wanna pull my phone out.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Johnny Forgetful. Lol
Still using and enjoying mine every day. Occasionally, like a lazy Sunday, I might not put it on. But still wear it most of the time.
Sure the newness has worn off. I don't look for faces as much as I used to since a Facer update broke compatibility with Facerepo.com. I still do the occasional search for Android Wear in Play. Not a lot of new apps.
It's totally become part of "me". I rely on it.
Funny when I forget it and hear my phone notify me in the other room...and I glance at my wrist. I feel like Pavlov's dog.
Just not much new to share here...we're in a groove though!

TapaTurbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's totally become part of "me". I rely on it. Funny when I forget it and hear my phone notify me in the other room...and I glance at my wrist. I feel like Pavlov's dog.
Just not much new to share here...we're in a groove though!

TapaTurbo

Agreed!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I did turn on the step counter. Wife got a FitBit so now we compete for "steps".

It's SO off, though.

I have always left mine On. I never really performed any scientific tests to see if it is accurate or not. I juts try to hit the 10,000 step goal every day. If it's not accurate, that's OK with me. It helps as a reminder to get up & away from my desk and walk around the building a few times a day.