Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
See, I get that reminder from s health on my watch. "Inactive for over an hour. How about going for a walk?" & it displays my steps on my lockscreen.
I'm not crazy about my steps, but it is kinda cool to see how I'm doing.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody actually use fit on their watch/phone? I know before @PereDroid figured out that we can at least disable the notifications for it on the watch, it would never match what S health on my phone said my steps were.

While I'm not obsessed with step counting by any means, it'd be nice if the two devices would kind of work together.

I did install fit on my phone for like half a day once and it seemed like it simply relied on the watch to track steps. I think you'd get a more accurate reading if the watch registered hand/arm movement as steps even when you're sitting at your desk, but the phone knew better (that you aren't actually walking anywhere).

So, anybody done any testing and/or use it on a regular basis?
My S has a feature that ignores false steps like arm movement. It's not perfect but unless the sensor reads 10 "trips" or more it ignores them as false steps. Perhaps AW will bake that into future updates for their Fit app as well, making it more like a for real digital pedometer.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am so glad they added the ability to silence an alarm from your watch. I always felt it was pointless to have to set an alarm on your phone and/or watch or having to grab my phone out my pocket to shut it off (I set an alarm to remind me to clock in as I get to work 30mins early but am only allowed to clock in 5 mins early).

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have not seen any battery drain issues but have had a few "unfortunately google play services has stopped" messages on my watch since 5.1.1 and a reboot fixes that. Google Play Services is a little higher on my phones battery user list, but that may not be because of AW. The developer for two of the watch faces I purchased has been sending test updates a lot lately and lists "issues with play services in 5.1.1" as the main reason for so much extra a work and frequent updates. I guess there is something wrong in the code that some developers have noticed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
5.1.1 just downloaded to my 360. Then I got the message "Charge Your Battery". ?!?! I am @ 65% that is plenty.

Lame....................