Android vs Apple - Why Did You Pick Android?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow! Am I the only OG user left here?

I saw an article back in 2007 or so that Google was making a phone. It was around the same time I read an article on the iPhone, but, for whatever reason, the google thing stuck in my head and was what I wanted.

I bought the t-mobile G1, which I used until I moved up here, out of t-mo's service area. I ended up with an LG feature phone, which sucked, but I couldn't use data on the G1 anyway. Fast-forward a number of months and I went in with my cousins to add them to my plan since we all lived together and the gal was showing us the OG droid. My eyes lit up and I said, "IS THAT ANDROID!?"

The love affair has never ended since. I tried an iPhone once. Used my upgrade. Took it home for a few days. Didn't stick. Returned it and went back to my Bionic.

G1, Moto Droid, Droid X, Droid 2 r2-d2, Droid Bionic, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 4 pre-ordered.
I guess you missed it on my post but my first was the OGD as well.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Droid does...

I miss those commercials. Someone needs to bring them back.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Droid does...

I miss those commercials. Someone needs to bring them back.
Maybe with the Turbo it will be: Droid still does...now even faster!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

blast

Reaction score
I have an airbook and ipad..I think ios is a better so than android(smoother user experience), but even thru all of that android phones are vastly ahead, not locked down, expandable memory, hotspot without paying...Jesus I could go on all day

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I remember those days thinking to myself, why do I need a smartphone? I don't need a smartphone! Silently mocking those people staring at their phones everywhere I went. I am proud to say I held out as long as I could until I finally bought a Fascinate. Now I'm one of those people I used to mock.... while my laptop continues to gather dust. Damn you technology!

tap'n on my S5

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I remember those days thinking to myself, why do I need a smartphone? I don't need a smartphone! Silently mocking those people staring at their phones everywhere I went. I am proud to say I held out as long as I could until I finally bought a Fascinate. Now I'm one of those people I used to mock.... while my laptop continues to gather dust. Damn you technology!

tap'n on my S5
Yep.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

tap'n on my S5
Oh man. I was the opposite. I went through feature phones like crazy before the g1.

Not sure how old you are tough. I'm 29 & had a job at 15, so I bought a cricket phone by the time I was 16 & driving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

zdfhsdth

Reaction score
Because I had to pick between apple and Google, and being a computer geek I knew better.
100.gif

Ddoctor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC one, Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Droid, of course.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Geez, I can't believe I missed this thread. My story is rather...well lame I guess but a pretty good read if you got the time.

I was sort of into gadgets at the time as I was going to school and planning on being an Engineer one day. I was rocking a HTC Touch Pro. Yeah, remember those things? Well, this one kept breaking on me and it was just terrible. Luckily, Sprint was giving warranty replacements for them because they were so terrible. However, they stopped carrying them so they offered people free upgrades to a comparable phone and I had a couple choices: a Blackberry and the Samsung Moment. The salesman kept pushing me to get the Blackberry for whatever reason, but then he saw me messing with the Moment for about 20 minutes and finally said, "Just take it. It is a Google phone. If anything just bring it back if you don't like it." I tried it for a week and fell in love with it. Ever since, I've only gotten Android phones. I moved over to Verizon when I met my girl and since I used her for the discount I picked up the Thunderbolt (hence my nickname). \

I did try an iPhone back when they first came out before I even heard of Android. Being on Sprint though I couldn't even get one anyways so my friend let me borrow it. I remember how my friend kept saying how annoyed he was because I kept saying, "Well, how do you do this?" and his response 9 times out of 10 was, "You can't." I didn't think anything of it at the time but looking back...I still agree with the choice I made.

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I used iPhones until the T-Mobile G1 came out.
It looked strange with its slide out keyboard but it was something new.
The first day that I tried it I told a friend that Google phones would take over from Apple, and they did.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using osmosis. :)

Gramesmith

Reaction score
I will go for Android devices. I think it is much more easier to use Android devices than Apple. I have used both of these operating system and I am happy with Android operating system.