Android vs Apple - Why Did You Pick Android?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BenLand150, Sep 11, 2014.

1. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    So, with all the new tech announced and released the last couple of weeks, it gave me an idea to do something a bit different and rather than just covering the devices, actually getting YOUR input on why you guys like Android over iPhone and vice-versa after actually be asked and not random arguments in YouTube comments. Be sure to leave a comment with your reasoning behind what you pick whilst keeping yourself from being completely biased if you can.

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,670
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I chose Android because I was excited to become part of something that was new and would grow quickly. This was back in 09 when the OG Droid dropped.

Also I couldn't stand what Apple stood for and continues to stand for. Not to mention how everything was/is proprietary.

I remember having an old Windows phone (HTC Tilt on AT&T) and I flashed Android 2.1 on it. From then I wanted an Android phone.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,254
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I didn't know much at all about smart phones in 2010, and didn't want one. When the OG Droid went on sale for 2 for $100 my wife convinced me to get them for us. Two reasons we picked Android back then: 1). The slide out keyboard and 2) The commercials for the original Droid were so cool! Glad I picked Android and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Because Android was the closest thing to Windows XP that I was used to in its intuitiveness. I needed portable, totally portable, with a 2 year old in tow and Apple didn't fill that need.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daybreak

Daybreak Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Android.

I am not a Lemming! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,029
    Because I had to pick between apple and Google, and being a computer geek I knew better.

• Like Like x 3
  7. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,810
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    I went with Android because I like the idea of open source. And the idea of being able to customize it the way I wanted

• Like Like x 1
  8. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,829
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I chose Android because of the Droid 1. The slide out keyboard was what I needed to do school work while mobile. Stuck with it ever since...

• Like Like x 2
  9. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,860
    I actually started out with the iPhone 3gs and early on apple had the apps, features, and the accessories, but android with the droid 1 felt like it was on to something. I do not think we finally achieved an android device that was on par or out performed the iPhone until the note 2. But the devices before then had that it factor of allowing users to be different add to that the dev community which was instrumental in helping android get where it is today. The very thing that was the negative of android (fragmentation) is what helped it today. Where apple is putting out one phone and tablet a year android manufacturers are having to compete on multiple fronts from phones, tablets, low end devices, and phablets.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  10. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +951
    I started out with the Incredible after making the switch from BlackBerry. I don't remember why I went Android, but I have never considered anything else. I stay with it because of the flexibility of choosing my manufacturer, removable battery/expandable memory on most phones, larger screens, and more customization options. Apple makes a great product, but they are so strict that I really want nothing to do with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. IIGood

IIGood Silver Member

Ratings:
    +277
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    I've never been a fan of Apple...too much polish and shine, not enough functionality. Overpriced marketing hype. At least in my eyes anyway.

Android...I was always interested in the whole concept from when it was announced back in, what, 2007? When it finally came to Verizon I was quite excited. Always have been more of a backer for Google and all they're doing.

Can't wait for Android Auto to come to light. Really wish it would hit the aftermarket.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,022
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    BlackBerry user for years ...loved the look of the Droid X and was my first Android experience....I love the different choices we have with Android ...variety...and modding...haha

M8 tap'd

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

apple i6 vs droid turbo

i6 vs droid turbo