Android vs Apple News

Magdroid

Reaction score
Thank you Chris Pirillo for tweeting this:

Apple Tells A Developer To Erase Android Mention From App Description

Apple Tells A Developer To Erase Android Mention From App Description

Jay Yarow | Feb. 4, 2010, 8:07 AM

Apple has improved its app approval process, but that doesn't mean it's entirely cured of quirks.

Apple sent an email to Tim Novikoff, founder of flash card app, Flash of Genius, asking him to delete, "Finalist in Google’s Android Developer’s Challenge!” from his app description.

According to Apple, "Providing future platform compatibility plans or other general platform references are not relevant in the context of the iPhone App Store."

In other words, don't talk about the competition!

It sounds harsh, but makes sense. It doesn't matter if it's a great Android application, this is a different platform.

On the other hand, it makes Apple look petty, and points to more evidence of Apple trying to rub out Google, and its Android platform.

**Screenshot of App description in the link.

jasonb

Reaction score
eventually google will kill apple.... just wait.

they are just scared.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to sound supportive of Apple (I HATE Apple) but this is common practice in just about any large business model... You will NEVER see M$ allowing someone to (what amounts to) advertise a competitive product. The ONLY time you will see large companies allow any sort of use of a competitors name is as a direct comparison or review that will favor said company. It's just good business.

Especially when you're scared of your competition as Jobs and Co. clearly is.:icon_ banana:

Spanky

Reaction score
Thanks for starting a "Let's bash apple" thread! I enjoy ripping apart Apple, because they deserve it. They do make some good products, but the iphone isn't one of them.

I played around with my wife's iphoney last night. What a piece of junk. It took 10 minutes to get Pandora running. You can't customize anything. When I'm talking to her, she sounds like she's underwater. The 3G signal just disappears for several minutes at a time. Of course, AT&T is to blame too. Speaking of AT&T, I love how people say that AT&T's service is poor due to the heavy data demand from iphones. Come on! AT&T sucked way before the iphone came out! I could go on and on.........

The ONLY thing about the iphone that is somewhat appealing is the general look of the UI.

Oh well, I have to get back to work.