Android VoIP apps that let you keep your number

aztech

Reaction score
Is there a VoIP app that lets you keep your number when you call? I have very limited reception in certain parts of the office (where i make the most calls), but I'm always connected to WiFi, so it would be great if my clients knew that i was calling them instead of some random number.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

Have you checked Google Voice? I think they allow you to use the number you link GV too.

hypnos

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether making official calls over WiFi is a good idea. The network might be secure but most of the apps fail to deliver over WiFi.I use Global Call since it’s one of the few apps on Google Play which optimizes the network to give fairly good quality and it displays the registered mobile number .Serves the purpose for me especially when I have to make calls to International landlines and mobiles .

OP
A

aztech

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.

Have you checked Google Voice? I think they allow you to use the number you link GV too.

Google Voice calls are routed through Google access numbers and I guess that's the number which would be displayed.

OP
A

aztech

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether making official calls over WiFi is a good idea. The network might be secure but most of the apps fail to deliver over WiFi.I use Global Call since it’s one of the few apps on Google Play which optimizes the network to give fairly good quality and it displays the registered mobile number .Serves the purpose for me especially when I have to make calls to International landlines and mobiles .

Well its my prerogative to decide what's a good idea and what's not ...Global Call ? Never heard of this app. I tried looking for it on Google Play. No luck so far .

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Well its my prerogative to decide what's a good idea and what's not ...Global Call ? Never heard of this app. I tried looking for it on Google Play. No luck so far .

hypnos was just voicing his opinin and not advisiing what to do. Here is the link to Global Call

mr.butangenomo

Reaction score
Thanks Bro !

Ah, nice. I found out about Global Call last year from this site and its so damnn useful when you travel. If you havent installed the app yet, they have this event going on, www.globalcall-1plus1.com where you get double any 'first' credit purchase. They sent out a notice via in-app but the lame thing is its only for new users so I cant participate. If I were you, i'd buy $50, worth of credits, get the extra $50 bonus, and find someone to sell the credits too :biggrin:

If you already use global call, dont try to create a new ID and try to get another bonus because you won't (i tried). Anyways, always good to return the favor from the origin.

OP
A

aztech

Reaction score
Ah, nice. I found out about Global Call last year from this site and its so damnn useful when you travel. If you havent installed the app yet, they have this event going on, www.globalcall-1plus1.com where you get double any 'first' credit purchase. They sent out a notice via in-app but the lame thing is its only for new users so I cant participate. If I were you, i'd buy $50, worth of credits, get the extra $50 bonus, and find someone to sell the credits too :biggrin:

If you already use global call, dont try to create a new ID and try to get another bonus because you won't (i tried). Anyways, always good to return the favor from the origin.

I just downloaded the app from the link I found here on this thread but didn't get any msg regarding the promotion.

arif029

Reaction score
For VoIP Apps you can use Smartgroschen Application, it a a awesome application, its very easy to use & very much cheap. It has also free chat option.

hypnos

Reaction score
For VoIP Apps you can use Smartgroschen Application, it a a awesome application, its very easy to use & very much cheap. It has also free chat option.

Honestly Smartgroschen looks like an app which is good enough just to call Poland .I just checked the call rates online .They not only charge a connection fee the unit call rates are all in the range of 24 to 40 cents per minute which is 10 times than Global Call (the app I'm using at the moment).

hypnos

Reaction score
OP
A

aztech

Reaction score
Thanks a lot ! I did look it up online and figured it out . Also availed the offer . Its been over 3 weeks since I've been using Global Call and I must say I'm pretty impressed with the decent sound quality, cheap rates and of course their promotions !(the main reason I tried this app Global Call in the firstplace).