Android TV Coming to Google I/O in June; Pano & Gaming to be Its Secret Weapons

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 30, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

According to the latest insider gossip, Android TV will headline at Google I/O this June. While we have actually heard rumblings of this previously, the big news for today is the extra intel of what Google plans to bring to the tablet to differentiate Android TV from other products (including their own Google TV).

From what the source of this report indicated, Google's secret weapons for Android TV will be an additional focus on gaming as well as something called project Pano. Here's a quote with more of the details,

Supposedly, along with Pano, Android TV's UI will emphasize gaming, similar to what Amazon's Fire TV has done. What do you guys think? Could Android TV crack the code and do a better job of enticing consumers than Google TV and Apple TV? If this report is accurate, then Google is betting on that possibility.

Source: GigaOM
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Look forward to seeing what all actually come out of google i/o. Think it has gone from a convention mainly for coders and developers into branching out to be like another CES.
Search tags for this page

fire tv