1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android threatens iphone dominance

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by rayz007, Dec 22, 2009.

1. rayz007

rayz007 New Member

2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Another nod to Firefox included in this article. Man I can't wait for Fennec.:icon_ banana:
    VZW's advertising for Droid has with-out-a-doubt created a huge buzz and awareness for Android.
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

....this is key.

Mozilla's upcoming Fennec, meanwhile -- the first mobile version of its Mobile Firefox browser -- will reportedly feature the fastest Javascript engine yet, the company says.
    That, in turn, will make it possible for developers to create apps in just one version for the browser rather than separate versions for each mobile OS, Jay Sullivan, Mozilla's vice president of mobile, said in an interview with PC Pro.
    The result, eventually, will be an end to the app store model, Sullivan predicted.

This is a great time to be involved with Android
  4. rayz007

rayz007 New Member

Yeah, running mobile firefox and flash player 10 will really be a game changer. Many of the current apps will become obsolete. It's my impression that many of the apps are just there to make up for a lack of web accessibility of previous smartphones. (ie iphone) Streaming from websites for audio and video via flash and coupled with the promised speed of javascript in firefox mobile will push the skeptics over to the Android platform. Apples gonna be playing catchup.

rayz007
  5. JonKyu

JonKyu Beta Team

I soo can't wait for mobile firefox!!!
  6. xjman349

xjman349 New Member

Lol i am still waiting for skyfire!