Android Tablets?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really haven't seen anything new and exciting in the Android Tablet world. What's everyone running these days for tablets?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
tablets are like watches, it is something you don't replace as often as phones. I got a new asus zenpad 3s 10 tablet the end of last year because I got tired of waiting for the samsung tab s3 or a new note tablet since that was what I originally had. No complaints about the zenpad yet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm still rocking a Galaxy Tab 4 (10"). It's an old model, but still runs good and does what I need it to do. It came with a kickstand style case and I bought a stylus pen, nylon carrying case and Bluetooth keyboard to use with it. I don't use it as often as I thought I would, so haven't really looked into a new model the past few years.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Nexus 7 2nd gen. Haven't turned it on in a year. Wiped the dust off once or twice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Android Tablets have been replaced with the chromebook (it seems).

Google is investing more in their chromebooks and all but abandoned the tablet....sort of. With making chromebooks able to run android apps, some able to fold back the keyboard and use touch display, and the new pixelbook looking sort of surface-like, it is obvious that Google is trying to replace the tablets with chromebooks.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Android Tablets have been replaced with the chromebook (it seems).

Google is investing more in their chromebooks and all but abandoned the tablet....sort of. With making chromebooks able to run android apps, some able to fold back the keyboard and use touch display, and the new pixelbook looking sort of surface-like, it is obvious that Google is trying to replace the tablets with chromebooks.

I think the thing is, people want keyboards. tablets are not easy to type on and keyboards for tablets leave a lot to be desire. most are thick and finicky. in addition unless they have a wacom driver, they are not easy to write on. that is the biggie thing I miss with the note 10.1 tablets. though you can write on the zenpad, the note was better and more precise.

maybe this thread should have had a poll to find out what they mostly use their tablets for, whether for gathering dust, playing games, reading or whatever.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the thing is, people want keyboards. tablets are not easy to type on and keyboards for tablets leave a lot to be desire. most are thick and finicky. in addition unless they have a wacom driver, they are not easy to write on. that is the biggie thing I miss with the note 10.1 tablets. though you can write on the zenpad, the note was better and more precise.

maybe this thread should have had a poll to find out what they mostly use their tablets for, whether for gathering dust, playing games, reading or whatever.

The Samsung Chromebook Plus has a S - Pen but the chromebook is still lacking in google apps integration (ie still feels like a beta).

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've been running non Android.. IPad Pro 9.7 I don't see replacing it for a long time

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad Pro I use all the time as well. I use it as my TV in the mornings to watch the news, an ebay/craigslist browser, internet browser, email, and my kids use it for games. It's a cool device but doesn't replace my laptop. When I travel it's just my phone and laptop that go with me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Keyword guys, iPad. Apple haven't given up on tablets as they clearly won that race. Anyone in a market specifically for a tablet I'm sending them towards Apple. They just have a much better ecosystem whether it's for musicians or learning for the kids.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Keyword guys, iPad. Apple haven't given up on tablets as they clearly won that race. Anyone in a market specifically for a tablet I'm sending them towards Apple. They just have a much better ecosystem whether it's for musicians or learning for the kids.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

apple keeps trying, imo, they are way overpriced for what you get. I don't think apple won because they only have 25 percent of the market. there are just more androids to choose from.

Samses1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy pocket
naah, sucks that tablets