Android tablet stuck in boot screen

udara

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Hello everyone,

This is my first post at Droidforums, and I am posting this with much hopes that the developers here will be able to assist me.

I have a Chinese tablet - (I.robot 2330 by name) which runs on android. Recently I tried to root this device manually using ADB. When I entered "adb shell" in the cmd, it returned a "#" implying that I have root access. But when I installed root checker from the Google play, it didnt recognize my tablet as a rooted devices. Then I pushed "su", "busybox" and "Superuser.apk" to the "/system/bin" folder in my tablet and restarted. Afterwards my tablet was malfunctioning. Every time I re-booted it, it gives me the demo which usually appears on the first day the tab is booted.

Anyhow, by mistake (deliberately though) I entered "wipe all" in cmd and it wiped my system in tablet. Now I can't start my tablet. Every time I reboot it, its stuck in the boot window, nothing happens.

I also tried entering "adb shell" again in the cmd , but now it returns "/system/bin/sh failed: no such file or directory"

Please help me to overcome this situation.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You wiped system... Are there any factory images for your device and Android version available to you via the manufacturer website or elsewhere? Seems as though to need to reinstall the OS. If nothing is available you may need to take it in to a local shop.

Sent from my XT1060

OP
U

udara

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
You wiped system... Are there any factory images for your device and Android version available to you via the manufacturer website or elsewhere? Seems as though to need to reinstall the OS. If nothing is available you may need to take it in to a local shop.

Sent from my XT1060

Thank you for the quick response GoVliffGo05!
I don't have the stock rom, I was wondering whether its possible to flash a custom rom. But the thing is I can not even get to the recovery mode, even-though I type "adb reboot-recovery" it just reboots the tablet and again stuck in the boot screen"

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Did you have a custom recovery installed? It would definitely be a possibility to flash a custom rom as long as that was working... At this point I'm worried for you though because wiping system will throw a wrench in almost everything you are trying to do.

Sent from my XT1060

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Also since it won't boot, you'd have to sideload the rom onto the SD card and with nothing working I can't see an easy fix here. :(

Sent from my XT1060

OP
U

udara

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Also since it won't boot, you'd have to sideload the rom onto the SD card and with nothing working I can't see an easy fix here. :(

Sent from my XT1060

What would you do if you wiped your system? BTW what is the point of including a feature to wipe system if you cant recover afterwards? :(

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The tablet and phone I have now, I am able to download the factory images and either use rsd lite or fastboot to restore my device to stock. Since you are using a Chinese tablet, which I know little about, and you don't know if you can get factory images, I can't offer further advice.... I'm sorry.

Sent from my XT1060

OP
U

udara

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
The tablet and phone I have now, I am able to download the factory images and either use rsd lite or fastboot to restore my device to stock. Since you are using a Chinese tablet, which I know little about, and you don't know if you can get factory images, I can't offer further advice.... I'm sorry.

Sent from my XT1060

I understand. Thank you so much for your support!

One last question, Since I can still push files to my tablet, is it possible to push the system files in again, and recover?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you have the system files then yes. Adb can be used to do almost anything as long as you have the necessary files.

Sent from my XT1060

OP
U

udara

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
If you have the system files then yes. Adb can be used to do almost anything as long as you have the necessary files.

Sent from my XT1060

What would happen if I used some other system image?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If it's not compatible with your device it will screw things up... I did a quick Google search... Go to Google and search i.robot 2330 firmware... I think people may have already uploaded it with instructions.

Sent from my XT1060

OP
U

udara

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
If it's not compatible with your device it will screw things up... I did a quick Google search... Go to Google and search i.robot 2330 firmware... I think people may have already uploaded it with instructions.

Sent from my XT1060

Thank you so much for your replies.
I searched too... even on the first day I got my hands on this tablet.
The results talk about a tablet called "I.Robot A-Pad 2330", I was not sure about that,
Anyway, lets assume I have a stock rom downloaded. Now what am I supposed to do? I can't access recovery mode. But with the ADB will I be able to get my Tablet running again?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Stock roms are meant to be flashed and I think we decided you can't do that because of no recovery. Open up the stock rom on a computer and see if it has system images... If not then it won't work... You need to restore your whole stock partition... You need image files (img)

Sent from my XT1060

OP
U

udara

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Stock roms are meant to be flashed and I think we decided you can't do that because of no recovery. Open up the stock rom on a computer and see if it has system images... If not then it won't work... You need to restore your whole stock partition... You need image files (img)

Sent from my XT1060

I am downloading a image file which I found in the internet. It says "I.robot 2330 apad" which is an image file .

OP
U

udara

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung

Sent from my XT1060

Hey.. I got my tablet to function normally again. The thread on this site suggested me to use "livesuit" get this thing done.. And it also provided me a image file so that I can flash it using
"livesuit". If not for you I wouldn't have gotten the idea of searching for an image file. So thank you so much!