Android Tablet MMS and SMS app

krazzyjman

Reaction score
Are there any apps for my Asus Transformer Prime tablet that will allow me to send SMS and MMS messages?
I have a wifi only tablet, I also am looking for something that won't require the person I'm sending the SMS or MMS to download an app. I want to be able to act as a regular text message.

Thank you! dancedroid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I use pinger...but there are some others out there.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
krazzyjman

krazzyjman

Reaction score
Shoot, that app isn't compatible with my device -_- any other suggestions?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can try textPlus

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I use Tablet talk... it syncs with my phone's texting either via bluetooth or wifi. I do not need another phone number to text from...when I text someone from my tablet, it is like they are getting the text from my phone. There is also Text plus which will text to their phone just like any other text does but it will be from a phone # assigned to you by Text plus rather than coming from your cell phone number.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh sorry Krazzyjman, you can't send pics or video through tablet talk. You can make and receive phone calls on it now though (calls that go to your phone are paired to come through on your tablet). That is a new beta feature but works well. I wouldn't be surprised if it would be pics and video capable soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Bitbitble

Reaction score
Does Tablet Talk allow you to send pictures and video?
You can't send yet but you can receive MMS as far as version 1.5.3 goes, Just like what TisMyDroid says it will soon be available on Tablet Talk since most of the users are looking for that feature. And yeah, themes the developer should add more.