Android Stealing Consumer Attention from iPhones?

LordKastle

Reaction score
I remember when I mentioned purchasing a Storm 2 for somebody and immediately the response was "No! something else"...They learned from our mistake last time.

bigthinker

Reaction score
I still have a BB Tour that I use for mass texting to over 300+ entries...BUT, 45 days ago I went to the Droid, after 2 weeks of using and learning the Droid....I would NEVER go back to use just the BB Tour. It's really weak everywhere else except the texting thing...Droid Rules! I like some of the previous comments....Spot on!!!

mrdroid

Reaction score
I still have a BB Tour and now a Droid. For business the BB is just a better device. It does a few things and it does them well. The Droid just lacks in business support. Cisco VPN support for instance....

LordKastle

Reaction score
(I just realized more attention to BB because of all the deals, 1/2 offs, and free phones such as the Pearl and its been going on for about 9 months now)

Just an unrelated note...because I am somewhat disappointed.

Blackberry (RIM) really dropped the ball. They already had a strong brand..business related and beyond. The Storm had so much potential to be the hybrid phone of all time. They could have had incredible accessibility with email, messaging and more. Then combine that with a phone with a larger screen for improved web-browsing and multimedia and they could have been #1 in the industry and still catered to an upper-eschalon crowd.

But they failed. They have to be the biggest bust in the history of the industry (more so than the complacency and arrogance of Windows Mobile because it was theirs to steal). They can still turn it around but the problem is now Android is seeping in to the consciousness of others who want an alternative to iPhone and Windows Mobile. Then they release a Storm 2 with major flaws.

It's sad because I know if they came out with a legitimate OS with a strong experience, I would have definitely gone with them over Android because I was never attracted to the G-1 on T-Mobile. But now that I have my Droid...for the most part sooner or later all the apps will be about equal dealing with communication and exchange and Blackberry missed the boat. The problem is that Windows Mobile may make a return if Microsoft ever decides to put dollars behind the OS and push it in a legitimate manner. That equals more competition than ever.

BB you dropped the ball.

Last edited: