Android Smartphone OS Marketshare Sky-rockets to a July High of 61%

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smartphone-android-61-percent-aug2011.jpg

Following on the heels of some impressive marketing data reports for last quarter, from the likes of ComScore and Nielsen, is a new report from Millennial Media. Their report further solidifies the remarkable and meteoric rise of the Android OS on smartphones. According to their data, in July, Android rose to blanket a 61% marketshare of all smartphones. Here's a quote from the MillennialMedia.com article,
Today, we released our July Mobile Mix Report, and once again, we saw impressive growth from the Android operating system. Android grew another 15% month-over-month, and remained the top OS on our network for the 8th straight month.
That's some crazy growth, with Android at the top of the chain for 8 months in a row!

Source: GalaxyForums.net via Droid-Life and MillennialMedia.com

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Looks like a very hungry Pacman is about to chomp some soon-to-be ghosts. Go Android!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Quite a bit different there for IOS. I saw a couple of recent reports that suprised (and impressed) me that IOS had actually grown share a bit to 28-29%. This jives more with my expectation, but seems to be quite a bit off from the other reports I saw. But perhaps this is global where the others were US only (certainly I don't think Apple is as strong in Asia as it is in the US).