Android recommend games overview

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
frontpage updatet with deliverace. an announcement for a new game will be postet soon :).
community in Q3 is how ... community in Q3. it doesnt matter if you play it on pc or mobile its the same game. no specific android version. that means you can use all the servers the pc version also haves.

androidhd

Reaction score
hi all :
ExZeus on Nexus one and Droid
[video=youtube;DfBo2O56dJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfBo2O56dJk"]YouTube - ExZeus Arcade - Nexus one Vs Droid - Best Android Game[/video]

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice vid. i think on both devices its comparable fast. nexus haves the 1ghz cpu but a crappy amd z430 gpu. droid haves a 550 mhz cpu but the lot better power vr sgx 530 gpu.

gertman

Reaction score
Hey MustangGT500 can you update the list with DEMO available or not?

These are the demos I could NOT find on the Marketplace:

-Armageddon squadron
-Super G Stunt

And this is the DEMO that I know exists:

-HomeRun Battle 3D

Also THANKS so much for the great thread!!! :)

FrankForce77

Reaction score
Awesome list! Thanks for posting it up as it got me started in downloading good games and not wasting time and money.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
FYI, iPingPong3D runs like absolute crap on the Droid, and probably other Android devices, hence its three and a half star rating. Perhaps they'll fix this in a future update but for now might I recommend Virtual Table Tennis 3D by Clapfoot Games simply because it runs WAY better in my opinion. Has 4 stars as well.

Oh and might I add, Smoking Guns looks SWEET!! :)

Last edited:

gertman

Reaction score
MustangGT500 it's time man. I fully understand the grudge you may have against Gameloft but they finally fixed The game and you need to add it!!!

For those of you who don't know I'm talking about Asphalt 5 baby!!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i still have grudge cause they havnt send me the new version till now. ill add it later.

gertman

Reaction score
I fully understand your grudge BUT I feel it is more important to try and hype the heck out of this game on the net so it will be a great commercial success for Gameloft and this will convience them to bring us more of their driving games from the iPhone.

Look at Gangstar, it is an amazing game on the iPhone. In my opinion the graphs are better than GTA for the PSP. The version on their WAP store (DO NOT BUY) for the Droid is not even a 3D game more like a game boy color version. Aka they did not spend any time developing a 3D version for us :(

siliconisgames

Reaction score
Mustang,

Please check out Blastosis: Invasion. Its a Droid/N1-only shoot'em-up game just published by myself. Nothing like a little pew-pew action now and then!

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
added asphalt 5 and i will try out this nice 2d shooter from you off course :).

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Just installed Asphalt 5 today. Given Mustang's comments I guess I'm not the only one who was highly skeptical of a game claimed to be better than Raging Thunder and made by...Gameloft?? It looks very nice, a lot more polish than Raging Thunder 1 or 2, but then again, Gameloft has been around forever, bout time they make something decent.

However if I were to compare the functionality to Raging Thunder 2, then I'd have to say that for the time being, RT2 is better. The cars on Asphalt just seem to handle kind of twitchy, lacking the slightly more realistic feel the cars have in RT2 when jumping and drifting. Not to mention contact isn't all that great; I'll hit a car and I'll just twitch around a little bit unless I've got the other guy close to a wall which grants me an enjoyable Burnout-esque "Elimination."

Not to mention Asphalt is...pricey. As neat as it looks I'm still debating on uninstalling/refunding it. Big step up for Gameloft though if you ask me.

Last edited:

gertman

Reaction score
Here's a video for all you guys on the fence about buying this game!!!

[video=youtube;_GJ5StgR7R4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GJ5StgR7R4]YouTube - Asphalt 5 by Gamloft for Android; shown on Moto Droid[/video]

Now, it is VERY important that we create lots of hype and promote this game!!!!!

Why? So that Gameloft realizes that Android IS worth making games for and brings us such great titles as:

Ferrari Challenge, GT Racing: Motor Academy, Gangstar, and, Driver.

masterxchief

Reaction score
Mustang,

Please check out Blastosis: Invasion. Its a Droid/N1-only shoot'em-up game just published by myself. Nothing like a little pew-pew action now and then!

Can you fix the way the ships moves with your finger? I tried out the lite version and noticed that the ships lags behind where my finger is.