Android.process.media problem? please help

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bnichs5, Jan 1, 2011.

1. bnichs5

bnichs5 New Member

im using bugless 0.6.2 and i need help whenever i try to load stuff from my sdcard, such as music pictures and videos, the screen says android.process.media had stopped unexpectedly please try again.and i do force close. i need help wit my problem. thanks.
  2. bnichs5

bnichs5 New Member

found the answer

Go to settings, then application, manage applications, running applications, click media storage, and clear data this shuld fix it.
  3. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

bad news, i had this on a m1ui rom and never went back. :( i tried wiping and reflashing many times but couldnt get it to work.
  4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

What were your troubleshooting steps? Maybe something was missed, first off did you try the above suggestion?
  5. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

actually im pretty sure i didnt get this error. sorry i was up late last night and didnt read carefully. instead of media, it said acore.
  6. dalegg

dalegg New Member

Process Android.process.media has stopped.

I had thbis problem on my Droid. checked around and someone said it was caused by a file on the SD card. I took it out and rebooted and had no problem. I put it back in and rebooted and have not had the problem since. Go figure.
  7. dalegg

dalegg New Member

Update: Still have the problem but if you remove the SD card it goes away. Still trying to figure out what is on the card that is causing it. I restored all the apps and data and it seemed to be fixed until I started moving the apps to the SD card, then it came back again.
  8. armopride07

armopride07 New Member

What worked for me was deleteing stuff on the SD that I don't need. Also not moving heavy apps to SD helps. Put only what has to be on there.

If worst comes to worst try adding an app, going to gallery, and if it force closes then you know that's your culprite.

Just my $.02

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. dalegg

dalegg New Member

I reloaded the mod, started installing the apps a few at a time. It started again about half way through and removing the apps did not fix it. I came to the conclusion the SD card somehow had a corrupt file on it or maybe a bad directory. I copied everything to my Windows computer, formatted the SD card and loaded everything back from the computer. That did it, it has been running since yesterday with no problems. There is something that is corrupted in the SD card that is causing this to occur.
  10. duffman14

duffman14 New Member

I don't have a "Droid" but I was having this problem with some ROMs on my Inspire.

I just registered to say thank you for this fix. It worked for me. The only difference is that I had to go to "All" instead of "Running" to find the Media Storage app
  11. northover

northover New Member

HI just fixed this proble on mine. Backed up all data on sd card. Then erased all data on sd card from within android. Restored data onto card. FIXED!
  12. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

My wife had a similar problem after I copied her music onto her sdcard. I deleted the music and the problem went away. Then I started copying the music back a hundred files or so at a time until the problem started again. I found a corrupted music file in the last set and deleted it, copied all files, formatted the sdcard, copied files back w/o the bad one and all was better. I was surprised one bad file could mess up the droid so badly.
  13. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Worked great but for me Media Storage wasn't "running" so I had to click on "All" and then Media Storage to clear the data...worked like a charm!!! Thanks!!!
  14. Blown03

Blown03 New Member

anyone know how to fix this on an incredible 2? I tried clearing the data and didn't work
  15. phantom1969

phantom1969 New Member

Thanks, that fix my problem.
  16. Igoriannn

Igoriannn New Member

Fixing this error easily!

THIS ERROR IS FIXED BY SIMPLY REFORMATTING YOUR PHONE; I have reformatted my xperia x10a not deleting anything off SD card. That problem did not show up any more. I can listen to music, change ringtone and load every app on app store! After re formatting, My phone kept the software update... i guess it gets saved into SD or something but it now works perfectly fine. any other questions, please ask.
  17. baldheadfresh

baldheadfresh New Member

my phone is saying process media has stopped every time i put the ad card back in. can anyone help me
  18. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

... clearly your one to talk. While your post made me giggle since i cant help but love good sarcasm, it is something a mod clearly would delete. Thus the irony in you saying, "Clearly there is no moderator function here." Your post is directed at someone, which is a lot worst off then typing in big bold red. Check this spot out New Member Introductions & Site Assistance it has guidelines of conduct as well as a place for you to introduce yourself. and i cant help but notice your from AZ! where at?
Search tags for this page
android media problem
android media process
android process media
android process media has stopped
android process media has stopped unexpectedly
android process media has stopped working
android.media has stopped working

android.process.media

android.process.media fix
android.process.media has stopped

android.process.media has stopped working