android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly

ma-diva

Reaction score
I am hoping that I am not the only person that is having this repeated problem.

On Nov 6 I bought an Eris for my husband's birthday. Worked beautifully and we both fell in love with it. About a week later, his started with the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the Force close button. This happened when accessing the phone application. Took it back and Verizon did a hard reset. Worked fine for another week or so. Then crashed again. Still within the 30 days, so got a new phone. This past weekend his phone crashed again- leading me to believe it was a software issue, i.e. something he downloaded, but we have the same apps and mine was working fine.

Went to Verizon again and now have his 3rd Eris. Came back to my desk to find my phone had no service and the dreaded message appears when attempting to access the phone. His phone is right next to mine so I know that there is service in the area.

HELP! Love the phone but after not even a month, the troubles seem to be out weighing the benefits. Suggestions?

JayMonster

Reaction score
In the first part you state (what I would believe) that it is a software issue, with the only reservation that yours "worked fine." But then when suddenly yours wasn't working fine, you were surprised and wondering why (even though you state you had the same apps installed)? I would go back to your first assumption... that it is something you downloaded that is not playing nicely with the HTC Sense on the Eris.

LI_Droid

Reaction score
@ma-diva,
I'm having similar issues on my Eris. What was the final resolution with yours? Was the problem resolved?

LI_Droid

Reaction score
Phoxus - I have a terrible case of buyers remorse right now! Funny how I clearly missed this problem when researching Eris problems (pre-purchase). :frown: What smells even worse is the repair location had to order a replacement from HTC... it's Thursday.... I won't see the replacement until Monday (at best). More time to let the remorse sink in!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Log out off Facebook on the device and don't have it sync. Im assuming it's a FB issue because this was the problem on the HTC G1 as well.

Worth a shot