1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android.process.acore problem

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by jk8, Jan 4, 2011.

1. jk8

jk8 New Member

I'm currently running miui rom (and highly recommend giving it a look) and decided to give pe4 a try. Flashed to my droid following all the instructions on the website (factory reset, restoring green apps first, etc.) and when I start playing with the new rom I started getting the dreaded "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again - force close". Repeatedly happened until I was forced to reinstall my miui backup. Did this twice with the same result. There doesn't seem to be any particular action that triggers the force close. Anyone have a suggestions?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. burntorangefan

burntorangefan New Member

This isn't going to be terribly helpful, I'm afraid, but it depends on which specific app is causing the problem. If your Contacts are backed up to Gmail, for example, you could open Settings/Applications/Manage Apps and select Contacts and clear data and clear cache and start again. That typically fixes the issue when I've seen it happen. Clearing data and/or cache often helps, just be sure it's not something super critical you're clearing - I mentioned Contacts for that reason...Make sure it's backed up...I'm sure GLD will be able to get you closer to an answer. Sit tight, it's only a matter of time before she saves the day!
  3. JackHerer

JackHerer New Member

Do you have a theme applied? that caused the same problem for me, try reflashing, and fix permissions with rom manager.
  4. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala New Member

You are restoring your apps with titanium backup? U can't restore any system apps whem going from MIUI to any other rom because MIUI uses completely different system apps which give the fc. I would not recomment MIUI by the way.

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk
  5. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

I believe that is Launcher Pro. Are you using that by any chance?

Sent from my Motorola Droid
  6. mikecolorama

mikecolorama New Member

I had the same problem when I left MIUI and tried CM & UD. For me, the issue was with my launcher. I was using Zeam. Once I deleted it, the FC's went away.

7. jk8

jk8 New Member

Thanks for the help so far, I probably won't have a chance to try it again until at least tomorrow. I was using Titanium but was following the PE directions. If not restoring system apps with titanium then how best to do so? I'm using the stock launcher so no Launcherpro problem.

Sorry you don't like miui, it's really pretty amazing, but I've heard nothing but good word about PE 4 too so that's why I'm looking to give it a try.

8. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala New Member

thats most likely ur problem then those system apps..there really is no way to restore them from MIUI that i know of..just loss the data in them such as sms and call logs..when u do reflash try installing only user apps..there is a batch command for that in titanium...and u shouldnt get any problems.

a few days ago i had a total of about 12 random reboots on MIUI!! that day i gave up on it! lol...its great no doubt..but for my droid its no where near stable so i went elsewhere!
Search tags for this page
android process acore force close miui

android.process.acore miui

android.process.acore stopped miui
android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly miui
android.process.acore ù…ø´ùƒù„ø©
miui process.acore has stopped unexpectedly
miui process.adroid.acore stoped
miui the process android process acore has stopped
miui.us process android.process.acore has stopped
process android process acore has stopped miui
process android process acore has stopped unexpectedly miui
process.acore miui
the process android process acore has stopped unexpectedly m
the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.
ù…ø´ùƒù„ø© android.process.acore