1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

android.process.acore not responding?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tkstock, May 7, 2010.

1. tkstock

tkstock New Member

One of my favorite games is RoboDefense. When I've been playing it since I rooted my phone yesterday, I sporadically get this error:

android.process.acore is not responding

I've searched a bit and discovered various apps may be causing it, but I'm not running the mentioned apps. Everything else appears to be running fine (with the new ROM) - except my battery consumption seems to be significantly higher than it was before.

An aLogCat output doesn't appear to reveal the source of the problem, but after I tell it to kill the process, here's the log entries:

I/ActivityManager( 1036): Killing process android.process.acore (pid=4740) at user's request
    I/Process ( 1036): Sending signal. PID: 4740 SIG: 9
    W/InputManagerService( 1036): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@45acb7b8
    D/dalvikvm( 1036): GC freed 27470 objects / 952144 bytes in 234ms
    E/JavaBinder( 1036): !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!
    I/ActivityManager( 1036): Process android.process.acore (pid 4740) has died.
    I/WindowManager( 1036): WIN DEATH: Window{45c3b1c8 com.android.launcher/com.android.launcher.Launcher paused=false}

Does this mean that the acore process is attached to the launcher, and that's what is dying?

Would upgrading the ROM to BB v1.0 help this?
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
Search tags for this page
acore not responding
activity home in process android acore is not responding
activity phone (in process android.process.acore) is not res
activity phone(in process android.process.acore)is not respo
android acore troubleshooting mobile phone
android process acore in not responding
android process acore is not responding
android process system is not responding

android.process.acore is not responding

android.process.acore not responding