android.process.acore Error?

Reaction score
Ok, so when I woke up this morning I had an error message on my Incredible:

SORRY!
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
(Only Option to Force Close)

I am able to duplicate this problem by restarting the phone either manually or by battery pull. I've also noticed that the circular refresh icon appears on my top bar, and it will stay there until I get the error message. After I click the force close, the refresh icon disappears.

I've also noticed that since getting this error message I'm unable to change my text message notification sound. I can still change my ringtones and my email notification, but not my text message notification. Doesn't make sense. At any rate, I've no idea what going on. I tried pulling down my notification bar when I saw the refresh icon working up in the top bar, but it doesn't show me what it is that's trying to refresh.

Called Verizon CustServ and they didn't have a solution. Basically just had me *228 and reprogram, to no avail.

Ideas welcome. dancedroid

Technogeek1984
"I'm still waiting for someone to make a movie that is indeed better than the book..."

OP
technogeek1984
Reaction score
Update

After much digging around in my phone to try to find the problem, I decided to turn on my wi-fi in a place that had no wi-fi. :icon_eek: Why? I thought you'd never ask. :) It's been awhile since I did a complete battery drain. I left the phone on, searching for wi-fi and then started playing videos to wear it out until I completely drained the battery.

(Now keep in mind I had already tried battery pulls before, minimum of 5 minutes.)

After that I took the battery out and let it sit for about 20 minutes while I was on lunch. Again, be patient, no touchy.

After I put the battery back in and charged it for a bit, I turned the phone on. The startup seemed a little slower, probably because it had been off for long enough to actually do a full "soft" reset. When the OS booted I got the refreshing arrows again, but whatever it was that refreshed went through just fine, no errors, and like magic my notifications were working correctly.

Now I am happy. :icon_ banana:
So is my INC. dancedroid

Took most of the day, but I'm thankful this one seems to have worked itself out. This thread can be closed unless others have more input as to the cause of the error.

Last edited:

Vols1

Reaction score
The same thing started on my wife's Inc today. I am going to try a solution similar to this tomorrow.

OP
technogeek1984
Reaction score
Ok so I pull up this thread on my phone... and up pops the error again.... I hate to say it but I may try a hard reset tomorrow and see if that fixes this problem. Pillow time now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

08Tonka

Reaction score
Getting the same thing. Seemed to start when I added pics on my SD card through my computer. Also just did an update a few days ago....

mr4r4n

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
some people have said it was a market issue, i had more issues with ziggys kernel unfortunately so i switched back to hydra and no FC yet, i thought it was the ADB disabled thing on his kernel causing it cuz i was able to have it happen a bit if i had debugging on and plug it in to the computer

OP
technogeek1984
Reaction score
Right now my phone is completely stock, no root, no changes like that of any kind, so it's kind of surprising. The thing that I'd really like to know is what exactly is being "refreshed" or "updated" in the background that I can't see. The twisting arrows icon still shows at the top for about 15 seconds or so before I get the error.... not really sure what to make of it. I'll keep posting developments, I'm going to take this bad boy to a VZW store today and let their tech have a crack at it, I'll post the results tonight.

tigerdango

Reaction score
I figured that was probably the phone checking for updates and such.

OP
technogeek1984
Reaction score
Alright folks, sorry it took so long for me to get on this one.

I didn't have time to take my INC to the Big Red Store, but it does seem to have worked itself out. I have not had any more error messages show up since Sunday evening, so I'm assuming it may have been a one time deal with the phone trying to communicate with Market for an update or something. At any rate, I'll reply if I see anything new.

Vols1

Reaction score
My wife's phone seems to have cured itself also. Hopefully it will stay cured. *knocks on wood*

sfam

Reaction score
I get the acore message many times a day on my three day-old HTC Evo. That, and a message that says "The process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Is there a place where I can find out what this and the acore process are related to? These both started literally as soon as I got my phone.

EDIT: I've turned off the Friendfeed and Facebook sync options. No errors yet...

Last edited: